Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Baked art assets

A topic by andyman404 created May 06, 2023 Views: 415 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 13
Submitted(+1)

I'm making my game assets by forming pastry/cookie/bread dough into the shapes of the characters, props, and environment assets. I think it is going to be a castle builder/defense game. I bought 10 lbs of dough this morning. 

While waiting for the bread dough assets to rise, I'm making some quick and delicious chocolate chip cookie assets.

1st batch going into the oven:

1st batch out of the oven, and cooling down:

I should have tried to make some lines for the brickwork/stonework on the walls! I still have more cookie dough left.

Submitted

Testing a little 3D scanning setup, using a microwave oven's turntable underneath.

Submitted(+1)

Spinning the plate and taking pictures didn't work so well for the 3D scanning. Walking around the target worked much better. I had to make a little stand using a jar lid, a paper clip, and some hot glue to get the guy to stand.

The 3D scanned result, using KIRI engine. Resulted in about 50K triangles.

this is such a neat idea

cool

Submitted(+2)

This is harder than I thought! My wife and I keep eating the assets before I get a chance to scan them in. Fresh cookies and hot bread are hard to resist on an empty stomach. I'll have to bake more assets next weekend.

Submitted

I genuinely laughed

(+1)

So cool! You'll have to work the hungry humans into the game mechanic somehow : )

Submitted

That is so cool !!!

oh man I thought I was the only one who had that idea :( it looks very cool tho :)
oh man I thought I was the only one who had that idea :( it looks very cool tho :)
Submitted

Behold - The Eater of Cookies! Made using a 3D scan of my wife's jaw.

Submitted (1 edit)

Here's how it turned out:

Intro Trailer:

Itch pagehttps://andyman404.itch.io/a-kingdom-of-crumbs