Play 7DRLInner Life's itch.io page
Ranked from 3 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
IMO, one of the best games this year!
PSA to anyone who plays: If an enemy enters you, you haven't eaten them, theyre raiding your food! I think you generally don't want to have enemies enter you. EDIT: Also, you can kill an enemy by stealing all their food.
- Completeness: 4. Very complete! Several terrain types, lots of polish (there are even chairs and a table in your inner self) and several enemies, even one that moves twice as fast.
- Aesthetics: 4. Beautiful sprites and animations.
- Fun: 3. It was fun! It also felt like something was missing, perhaps combat. At times I felt like enemies would just keep coming at me relentlessly and I had no way to repel them except for repeated bashes. EDIT: Heard that I could kill enemies by raiding their food. Tried it out and it worked!
- Innovation: 4. Having the enemies be dungeons is a wonderful twist!
- Scope: 4, it's a very large game, with several abilities, tilesets, and enemies. i was particularly impressed on the bash ability's chain reactions through the environment.
- Roguelike: 4, it just doesn't feel like a roguelike to me without combat and items. EDIT: Now that I know how to fight enemies, bumping from 3 to 4.
Wow this is a wacky cool innovation on hunger and combat.
Completeness - Everything polished, the features work, I did have a stack size error crash at one out of ten games, but we can overlook an occasional rare bug.
Aesthetics - Simple but functional, gets the job done and doesn't get in the way. Lots of info and extra flavor in the mouseovers.
Fun - This is definitely lots of fun once you figure out the mechanics. Thumbs up!
Innovation - One of the most unique mechanics I've seen in a roguelike.
Scope - This is the perfect scope for a 7DRL, not too small but not overambitious either.
Roguelikeness - Turn based, grid based, permadeath, good enough for me.
Successful or Incomplete?
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.