Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How should we rate game accessibility for games that are browser-only?

A topic by miniwoolf created Sep 23, 2021 Views: 183 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

The last category for rating submissions states: "ACCESSIBLE - Does the game have good OS platform support?"

For example, my submission is browser-only. Does that mean it has no OS platform support, since there's no OS-specific version of the game, or good OS platform support because it can be played on any OS? It's a required category for rating, and I don't want to be docked points or dock others points for misunderstanding the rules.

Submitted(+1)

Personally I think play in browser is a great way to support multiple platforms, and reach a broader audience, including those who don't like to download files or maybe are browsing the submissions while at work.

For my game, Scatterhoard, I went with a web version that supports touch controls as well, so you can basically play on any major platform. I didn't know accessibility was a voting category, I just wanted more people to enjoy the game.

Submitted(+1)

Hi! On browser i like to rate accesibility based on how the game fits on the screen, if the menus are set correctly, if something is outside the viewport. I don't expect everyone to code touch controls on their browser games specially since I didn't even know accesibility would be a voting category, but it makes sense and it's something i'll try to keep in mind on future games. Im being pretty generous with that rating

Host(+1)
Browser-only games = typically great OS platform support.