We just pushed a big new version. If you have Steam we recommend playing through there from now on since you'll be able to have leaderboards and access to the Daily run there. We sent out an email to you all just a minute ago but here's an incomplete list of some of the big things we've added/changed in the game:
TumbleSeed 0.6 Beta
- Leaderboards (Steam only). You can see where you rank now globally amongst all players (the TS alpha and anyone else that has access through Steam, including us).
- You can now play a Daily (through Steam only) that is the same for all players and only playable once. You'll see where you rank in the local leaderboard above the title screen.
- Seed power videos: instead of a description of each seed power in text, we've made videos that show the power being used to help understand each function better.
- TrySuit Area: In each "choice room" or "crystal room" as we call them, you can now "try before you buy". We hope this will help people get comfortable with trying new suits and widening their arsenal.
- Reset save data: This version WILL reset your save data with quests/tutorial and so on. We're sorry about that, but it's part of the growing pains of this whole process. Hopefully it doesn't set you back too much.
- Tutorial: The tutorial is much more polished so if you bounced off it, give it another go.
- Camps/Towns/Villages: New stuff, I don't want to spoil too much but we've made huge leaps with those.
Gameplay specific changes:
- There are a lot of seed power cost changes. Shotgun (now called SpreadSpore now, most of the seed names have changed too) costs 3. Antidote 5. Horizontal Projectile Thorn 3, and so on.
- Crystal Seed now gives you 2 crystals, no more no less.
- Enemies drop a lot more crystals, especially high health enemies. 1hp enemies: (1 to 2) crystals. 2hp enemies (4-6), 3hp (8-10).
- Star Power is now a 5 plot investment
- Digseed, Gardener, Radius Teleport, Red Hot Rock and Warp are no longer available powers.
- There's probably a few things I'm missing but I think that's most of them!
Anyway, let us know any general discussion you might have in this thread and if you have larger thoughts feel free to make a new thread. Thanks as always for playing and hope to hear more about how these changes are affecting your experience. :)