Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics


Clear the dungeon with the power of Yuri! · By kevinfu510

Version 1.4! (31st of July 2016)

A topic by kevinfu510 created Jul 31, 2016 Views: 547 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Developer (4 edits)

Hey guys! i finally uploaded another version of SYRPG!

This version's main changes include :

* A change from "Jam" sprites, to more polished sprites.
* Minor changes to the title screen.
* Audio balances.
* Enemies flash red when hit (forgot to add the same feature to Kuro-chan.. sorry!)

Although the changes are small, and not much; i plan on adding more in the future!
i would like to thank the people who made this update possible, by donating:
thank you soooo much!

if you have any problems/bugs in this version contact me via Twitter, or post a comment here!
Questions are also appreciated!

thanks for reading this far! consider supporting this game by donating, each little bit helps!
you can also support the game by sharing it with your buds, or by playing it, and giving feedback!
have a nice day!

(3rd of August 2016)
Version 1.4a (hotfix) has been uploaded, nothing changed/added.. except for the fact that the game is playable now, sorry about that! special thanks to lytel for the confirmation!


note : this was the first ever update that was compiled and exported via my laptop...
if you guys are having problems opening the game.. please let me know!



The game won't start since the update (can't say much as nothing happen when i try to launch it)

Developer (2 edits)

Thanks for the info, i will try and fix it! i will post here if i managed to fix it


edit: turns out it's not a problem with the game's programming but the way the IDE's exporting the game? it was working a moment ago before i exported & uploaded it, i'm going to dig in deeper...

Deleted post

I'm a little curious, which ide is it ?

Developer (1 edit)

i used Eclipse "Juno" for more than 3 years before upgrading to "Mars" which i have only been using for about 4 months... the upgrade is due to the fact that i'm now using windows 8, instead of windows XP (Microsoft forced my hand on that one!)

and i guess, that you need to setup your IDE settings properly! (lol)

hope that quenched your thirst!~cheers~

edit: i uploaded a momentary fix! it should be working now!


Yep that made the trick!

what did you fix ? (i'm curious, i used eclipse some years ago)

There wasn't any problem i could notice this time. (until my death that is, this third fight is hard >.>)

Developer (1 edit)

The problem lies within the fact that i didn't specify which version of the "res" (resources : images,animation,sound) and also Library files for the Jar to use..

since Jar files are basically glorified "executable" zip files, there's also a copy of the same "res" and Library inside the jar itself when i export it! but this time i forgot about the Library while finishing up, so i had a runtime exception! (which doesn't show unless you run the game via console commands)

as for the reason why it was working for me, probably the Jar used a Library it found somewhere on my computer...
honestly though, i have no clue why it worked for a while; and then stopped working completely #ProgrammerProblems, but at least it works now! :D

as for the third level, are you referring to the Lizard Warrior-Archer combo? the main trick is to remember that the Lizards have life-steal, BUT the "Hug" ability shields you from EVERYTHING.. so timing, and also conserving your AP before the fight is crucial!

also, one last thing... as a developer, you're one of the few people who actually showed interest in my game, and helped the development of the game; so for that, i want to say thank you!


P.S do you have any ideas for the game? i might consider adding it to my to-do list!


Did it stopped working after you uploaded it the first time or before ?(i already know the answer >.>)

(suppose it was after) On my first try i had the old version inside the same root folder so it should have used the res from it at last once. Or maybe it won't work with compiled files ?

I didn't know the hug was this powerful ! I'll try to save some ap on the previous fight.

As for idea, i may have a lot who will make it more deep gameplay wise and i don't know if you really want it, it's a game made for a game jam after all.

-many class for the fighter, ex : monk -different instead of strenght + and speed + => speed++

-maybe some combo within a frame limit, ex : execute e->h->k within 3 sec = one more bonus for the last command

-each x fights add a camp (ref : darkest dungeon or dragon crawn) but suppose some random fights

- a story mod !!

i know that as little the idea may be, it will require many hours of work but i can help you with the test part if you want.(i didn't program for years so i may be a little too rusted for this )


Lol, i went and typed a 3 paragraph explanation (and it didn't make sense)
tldr version; I compiled it (exported it) wrong, and forgot to add the library in the folder to compensate for the missing library in the JAR file i exported, and as to why it worked for a few moments (before i uploaded)... idk! XD
let's leave it as one of the mysteries of the world!

All of your ideas are already on my Todo-list, except the part about multiple classes... i will consider adding that soon(tm).

I'm starting college tomorrow, so i will have even less time to work on this.. but i hope to add more of everything!
thanks for reading/participating in this Community Board!


Thanks for answering, good luck on your studies.