I have switched over to the message board to make comments easier to find and understand. This should also make bug reporting easier by allowing you to check if a similar bug has already been reported.
Thank you very much for your comment.
1. I looked into to adding separate tools at the start of development and felt it might make the crafting menu too full and make the game more complicated than it should be by switching between different items for different things so I added the Hammer which is used for everything. I will defiantly keeping looking into the option to add extra items though. and if it gets requested enough i will be adding them. The idea of extra materials by using different tools is a great idea.
2. Chest crafting is something I could look into. And i agree it would be a great addition to the game. Once i have sorted out the main gameplay, chest crafting is something I could add.
3. Sound effects are only placeholder for now. The main priority of change is the eating sound effect (It is still there from the very first sound effects), I will keep an eye on feedback for sound effects but chances are i will be changing them all at some point in the near future.
4. I do personally have a debugging mode which shows a lot of different things including fps, world size, mouse position and other details. I also have a few tools for debugging which should in the Indev 0.365 version of the game if anyone fancies a challenge.
5. Spawn rate of items hasn't been balanced very well at the moment due to focusing on bug fixing an addition content. Since a couple of people have said about spawn rates this will probably change in the next couple of updates.
Thank you very much for your feedback and support. Your comments will help a lot in the development of Myether. I'm so glad your enjoying the game.
I'm sorry your having trouble with the game. To eat and drink you hold down the right mouse button for a few seconds with the water or food selected in your inventory.
Forgot about this game for a bit, but all holding right mouse button does is make a byte noise and then I die.
Oh, never mind. But why does it take so long, there's not any indication that your drinking or eating, also sorry if I sound rude.
Hey that's fine. The reason it takes a little while is to make sure people don't accidentality eat the food when they don't mean to, in the early stages of the game food is a little tricky to come by sometimes so while i was developing it i could see people getting frustrated by right clicking to do something and eating there food without wanting to.
Hey thanks for your comment. Metal starts spawning in the world after you world has reached a certain size (26 floor tiles) This is also where Yew Trees start to spawn but they don't have a use yet and metal is only used for the metal hammer currently, but a lot more uses are coming in the future. Thanks for playing Myether and i hope you have fun with it :)
Thanks so much for the comment. It does mean a lot during the development to hear good feedback that what i'm doing is worth it :) I'm really glad you're enjoying it and there's plenty more things planned for Myether so keep an eye out. I hope you continue to enjoy the game!