I've got a desire to mess around and possibly add a few things visually, preferably with Asterion's layering, I saw in the suggestions on the "what clothing to give Asterion" topic and absolutely loved the idea with giving him a crown or a hat, if I have permission to do it, I'll gladly try my hand at it, i'm very familiar with python and will share the edits I've made to the code if you're interested in using it,
The hat system is now working, if anyone would like to give me ideas, want the code or would like to contact me elsewhere if i'm not around, add me on discord Lethys#2970
To get the hat system ready I have had to made a few changes with how the layering of the images work:
- Separate horn layers using a name such as "hornFilename_upper" and "hornFilename_lower"
- Separate horn accessory layers such as "hornAccFilename_upper" and "hornAccFilename_lower"
- Made it so when Asterion is facing front the horns and accessory are together on a layer behind the hat layer which uses "hornFilename_front" and "hornAccFilename_front"
- Add a new wardrobe section for all hats
Things I plan on doing (If I'm not being too ambitious)
- Add hats to the buff CG sections if it makes sense
- Adjust the bottom of the "hornFilename_upper" normal horns so it's on the "hornFilename_lower" horn layer, this will allow hats to interact with the area more freely while the part of the horn that would cover the hat would still cover it, this will stop hats getting interface like how the hoodie stops dead at the start of the horn making it look like he's ripped straight through the hoodie while in fact it's where the fur and horn meets
- Make all horns and accessories compatible with the new changes I've done - Done
- A festive outfit with hat (50%)
- Alter all pose outlines and furs to accommodate long sleeves so they don't look weird - Done
- Flower Crown (see below)
Note to Nanoff and Minoh : I'm not sure how headwear would work with this to be honest, I think they will visually clash (not that there will be a layering issue, just visually) with each other depending on the headwear/hats so if you do decide to put hats into the game at a later point you may face this issue.