What do people like/dislike so far in the new alpha?
What do people think so far?
I think solved rolodex part, if highlight it below the pictures but still have it highlighted , can scroll the mouse wheel.
Played a bit more and getting used to the system in place but still a lot of polish, not to mention, having to request a sheet on the inbox for existing crew just to refresh skills. Would be nice if rolodex card had at least their best skills.
Oh, that makes a lot of sense with the scroll wheel. I like your idea of putting the top skills on the rolodex card. It'd be nice to have an area for the player to add quick notes as well, maybe a 140 character limit.
For keeping potential recruits, when have a sheet selected I believe can just right click to lower it and then drop on desk, it should stay there til want to hire someone or throw it away. If you meant sheets of hired crew, to the bottom left of the desk is a drawer they go back into if done with them.
Been trying to get the bigger station modeules like garden, life support, but the time to collect the resources just takes awhile and only so much can do right now. Was hoping to have more station type rooms but I know it will come eventually. :)
Thanks. I didn't know about the drawer, so that's helpful. For the potential recruits though, I would really like to have a way to put them back into the inbox, or else into a folder. At least eventually.
Thanks for the feedback! Great stuff!
- Agree that you shouldn't have to dig through the rolodex to find the ID card of the new hire!
- We absolutely intend to add more functionality to the rolodex, including solving that issue.
- New crew arriving tired is a bug, just lower priority than save games (what Adam is currently coding!). But glad you mentioned it, because the bugs that people notice more are the ones that need to be fixed sooner!
- A bit about XP: the amount granted is relative to the points of the task, so higher point tasks grant more XP and this is capped to task level. So for example, character with a Logistics (4) doesn't gain skill XP from level 1 Logistics tasks. As you correctly noted, we absolutely need to tweak/balance the rate of skill gain relative to the different jobs, because custodial crew are always working and maintenance tasks just naturally occur with less frequency. However, maintenance XP gain was recently increased so will need to take a look and see if something is busted there :)
- Garden is for personality growth. On the crew info panel (grey box when you click a crewmember) you might see a "Psych: 0" or a "Psych: 1" for example in their needs section. Psych: 1 means they have some internal personality growth to work out, and they'll go to the garden and meditate to do so!
- Life support is for converting waste into water. Apparently it is not functioning properly! (And as we add more jobs to the game, we might give it an associated job)
- Green stuff on the ground means there is a resource with the "reactive" property in a section (in this case cargo hold) without functioning compartments on the module. If two reactants are present in a section without functioning compartments on the module, then they'll react and cause an explosion! Each reactive resource has its own particle effect, and purple smoke is another one. If you intend to put reactants in a cargo hold, you should build it with compartments (which module builder should be way more clear about, but it is mentioned on the form you stamp to get the resource ;)).
- We're also in the process of upgrading the notice system in general to better explain why these things happen!
- For the RNG on recruits, feel your pain and FYI there is a recruiter job on the feature/implementation schedule where you'll have some implicit control over that.