Woods is a plural that doesn't have a singular form, therefore it's a valid word for these type of games,
Recent community posts
Probably to prevent people showing as 100% despite not having a perfect win rate.
199/200 = 99.5 and under normal rounding rules would round up.
While it's possible to implement multiple rules to prevent this it's a pain to do and generally not worth it.
The source for Dordle words is Wiktionary, so any issues with word definitions/types you need to take there.
From one of the game updates:
- you will no longer have to wonder if something is a word or what it means; they now all link to humanity's most trusted source, wiktionary
All of those words also have a use that isn't a proper noun:
the plural of mare (lunar plains)
1. a song, especially of joy.
2. a Christmas song or hymn.
1.to diminish gradually and stop; dwindle to nothing; gradually come to an end (usually followed by out or away):The criticism seems to have petered out.The hearings petered to an inevitable conclusion.
2. to tire; become exhausted (usually followed by out):I began to peter out after walking about 2 miles.
- an effeminate or homosexual boy or man
- (as modifier)his nancy ways
Also called: nancy boy
Jesus is listed as a verb in esperanto which is a stretch and it shouldn't be allowed as an answer.
tldr: Both Islam and Jesus should not be acceptable answers.