Holy crap. Lots of new stuff!
- TONS of new music added by my good friend and amazing musician, Charlie McCarron!
To say it's "epic" is an understatement... You'll have to wait 'til release to hear it!
- Added a skippable intro cutscene before the title drops.
- Level 1 is 100% done! There's also a new HP meter, which you can see here. Max HP has changed from 3 to 5.
- All player and enemy graphics have been updated to contrast better with the backgrounds.
- A shader now keeps all the colors locked to the DB32 palette.
- Blue Slimes have arrived! They're just like Green Slimes, but don't do anything special when they die.
- Wolves have returned from Demon's Hymn 1! They're basically the same, but now their eyes turn red when they're about to jump.
- Level 1 changes from bright and sunny to dark and rainy midway through the stage. The rain collides with the terrain and it's a really cool effect! Here's a GIF of an earlier version of the game that shows off the rain.
- Another enemy has arrived in level 1, but I'm not going to spoil it!
- The level 1 boss has arrived, but I'm not going to spoil it! There's a little cutscene before the fight.
That's all for now! It's going to be a challenge to finish on time, but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes. Half of level 2 is done. Level 3 will repurpose level 1's tileset, and level 4's tileset is almost done. In the event that I don't finish on time for the jam, I still intend to finish the game!