I ended up releasing an update for this game last night. Consider this an informal #notGDC style announcement!
I've been pretty busy since December. Compared to the last version, it has a ton of improvements and changes:
- Oliver, Baldric, and Lina's portraits have been fully redrawn in HD
- A new introduction sequence was added, and the existing introduction was improved
- Tileset graphics were recolored and improved
- The ATB now scales skill speed appropriate--Oliver can use spells quickly, while Baldric can use sword-based skills faster
- The ATB settings are now more intuitive and less confusing--battle speed can be controlled separately from the Active vs Wait mode.
- Poison / Buffs no longer last forever, and poison damage is now correctly applied
- Battle can be escaped without enemies automatically reengaging
- Enemy stats and EXP were tweaked for a more balanced experience
- Volume is reduced when entering buildings
- Empty explorables on the map no longer trigger the "!" animation
- History of Astravia finally added to the Mayor's bookshelf :)
- Various other minor bugfixes and improvements
I would love to hear your feedback! You can download it on the official itch.io page: https://studioalemni.itch.io/legends-of-astravia