Hi. Best way to get help is to ask on our Discord channel.
Recent community posts
You just run the server.exe(a miniature window should show up) or the startServerWitchConsole.bat (a console should show up)
And then you can connect to your server by ip.
Server uses ports (by default) 30303 TCP and 30304 UDP
From time to time I'm posting stuff on discord.
But it's quite rare atm. Because right now I'm mainly busy with refactoring the ui and attaching the new(underwater themed) images.
I think once I finish all the ui stuff, there will more to show.
I played it on windows 10 with no issues.
Can you pls provide some details on the issues you're having?
Run the game with the console, prefferably from cmd.
And post here if there are any exceptions in the console.
About the WIP submarine version:
I'm still working on changing the art stile.
No release date is still set.
About the space version releases:
I just released a new version for the space version. It contained an important bug fix.
No other releases are planned in the near future for the space version.
About the bandwidth optimization - this is the already optimized version that you are describing :D
Version a0.8.7 - Release notes:
- Trailing mode bug fixed(essential for final boss in the story mode).
- (For modders) Modify ship event can now rename ships.
- (For modders) Sector_ships_present/absent conditions now have the ignore_class field, to ignore certain ship classes
Fullscreen will be fixed in the much later version.
As for your friend's problem - I can't really fix it untill I see it my self.
Maybe he's using fullscreen too, and that causes problems?
Also let him try clicking the cells that are right next to him, and tell me if his char does go there.
If you mean the piloting system of the station - you don't need to access it.(it's meant to be unaccessible)
You need to access the Falcon ship's bridge.
If you can't access the Falcon - please provide a screenshot of the problem here.
The underwater version is stil a WIP, but in the end it is planned to support other resolutions.
The fullscreen option should have worked for your resolution, not sure why it doesn't do anything - as you say.
I guess there must be a bug in there somewhere. :)
And you can't pass the fullscreen parameter in the command line yet.
But you can set the fullscreen to 1 in the Client\Data\GameData.dat file.
But from what you describe - I don't think it will make any difference.
Well the possibility to own multiple ships is there - it all depends on the way the game events and model files are configured.
For the story mode I intentially made it impossible to own more than 1 ship.
And that is done for 2 reasons:
1. The story itself implies the players to have just 1 ship.
2. If players would have had more than 1 ship, then probably some of the event's of the story would break.
If you wan't to play the MMO version - check out the discord channel, modders that are working on the MMO mod, discuss it there.
If you wan't you can modify the model files for the Piloting systems and remove the NO_TAKEOVER=1 flag from them. This will allow you to capture pirate ships.(But if the story events break - it's your fault :P )
Version a0.8.6 is out.
- Lots of bugs fixed.(Includeing the one in tutorial)
- Loading gen ships now support folders
- New ship class added Mothership
- Multiple event, dialogue and condition changes for modders. For details check the example.xml in dialogues and events.
Version a0.8.5 is out
- When a ship has no AI(meaning it's a player ship) and no online players on board, it will auto retaliate when being shot by other ships.
- Mob sprites are now also modable for all 5 races(Human, Pirate, Cyborg, Spider, Rogue AI)
- Race selection is now available on char creation
- Races that are available for players can be configured in the server's player_races.cfg
- Different races can have different start locations on the server.
- When you spawn it will be on one of your race spawn points, if there are no spawn points configured for your race then you spawn on default start location.
- There's now a new event to create spawn points for races.
- Ship AI now has a new parameter - crewless. By default it's false, and if it's false then this AI will only work if the ship has crew onboard.(Meanin if you kill off all the crew - the AI stops working and you can safely salvage the ship)
- Scanning a sector now also shows if there are any traders
- When out of combat your engines/HD charges faster, now it also depends on the % of poer that you allocate to your engines/HD
- Cargo hold classes are now configurable in the server's config.cfg
- You can now rearange cargo
- You can now change weapons order in the weapons control system
- After exiting remote shop you the comms page will be auto opened with the same ship selected.
Version a0.8 -is out.
- Game controls switched from WASD to mouse clicking.
- Added Mob combat.
- Added Boarding.
- Added Hacking systems while boarding.
- Added Ship take over.
- Added Bots that defend your ship
- Added Boarder bots.
- Story mode Star map increased to 100x100
- Added EMP weapons.
- Added new AIs for NPCs and NPC controlled Ships.
- Added Sector scanning and Scan triggered events.
- Added hazardous sectors (FIRE, EMP, STORM, HULL DAMAGE)
- Added music
- Lots of story mode bugs fixed.
- Lots of code bugs fixed.
- Refactored network logic a bit, so it should work faster.
Try running the server and client with a console.
And when he is disconnected there should be some error logging in the console.
If it's there - please post it here.
If not - then it might be some network/firewall issue.
Happy new year everyone!
Here's the first update in this year:
Some of you thought that I was iddle, but actually I was working hard on the game.
I've found the artist for the game, and am currently working with him on the new design.
It's not a final version and might change, but you can get some ideas from it ;)
While the artist is working on the art, I was working mainly on 2 new features (and fixing some bugs):
1. Changing the game controls from WASD to mouse clicking.
This is done for 2 reasons:
First of all new players find it hard to grasp the current controls, and simple mouse clicking should make it easier for them.
And second is that in future we plan on making the mobile version of the game. :)
2. Adding the mob fighting mechanic.
Meaning - shooting mob to mob, break-opening doors and breaking systems from within.
And I can tell you that the hardest part for both of them is done.
For the new controls I just need to add the auto repair/extinguish fire.
For the mob fights - add the possibility for mobs/players to break ship systems from inside the room. And add the new mob AI for boarders and defenders.
Also want to add the systems hacking, and ship hijacking before I release the new version.
For now all mobs/players will probably have the same weapon and gear.
And later I will add the mob inventory, together with new shops that will sell mob gear.
As always - any questions, feed back, ideas and suggestions are welcome. :)
Was anyone able to make a video playthrough of the a0.7 version?