You might consider posting this on our discord.
Recent community posts
Suicide NPCs is a known issue, still working on a proper fix for this.
You can buy new NPC crew from slavers(the ones that are not hostile) or from some trading stations(they might have a guy there who has engineers for hire)
When you loose the Falcon ship - it's GG.
You can restart the play-through from the in-game menu - Press escape and select Reset server(you will need to reconnect)
Most probably you have started your playthrough on an older version, and then upgraded to a0.8.11.
Then you copied the database folder from the old version into the latest one.
This would cause all random enemy ship generations to fail and result in all enemies having no weapons no shields and missing other different systems.
Also if you run the server with console, then in the console you can see if there are any errors.
Please try restarting the run, and keep an eye out for the console.
If you notice any error messages - please post them here.
- Technically this is possible.
- To do this you need to board the ship, hack the Piloting system, go to the Crew tab, Claim the ship.
- Current story mode, provided in the a0.8.8 version prohibits this(because most events are tied to the Falcon ship)
- You can re-allow it by changing the model files of the piloting systems, in Server\models\systems\piloting\ folder
- Change the NO_TAKEOVER=1 to NO_TAKEOVER=0
You're a funny guy ;)
Try to do it like this:
1. Go to the room where you have initially spawned.
2. Scroll the mouse wheel down until it zooms out as much as possible.
3. See the ship that is parked above the station.
4. Go to that ship - that 's the one you need to take over.
5. You don't need to take over the station - it's not possible.
You just run the server.exe(a miniature window should show up) or the startServerWitchConsole.bat (a console should show up)
And then you can connect to your server by ip.
Server uses ports (by default) 30303 TCP and 30304 UDP
From time to time I'm posting stuff on discord.
But it's quite rare atm. Because right now I'm mainly busy with refactoring the ui and attaching the new(underwater themed) images.
I think once I finish all the ui stuff, there will more to show.
I played it on windows 10 with no issues.
Can you pls provide some details on the issues you're having?
Run the game with the console, prefferably from cmd.
And post here if there are any exceptions in the console.
About the WIP submarine version:
I'm still working on changing the art stile.
No release date is still set.
About the space version releases:
I just released a new version for the space version. It contained an important bug fix.
No other releases are planned in the near future for the space version.
About the bandwidth optimization - this is the already optimized version that you are describing :D
Version a0.8.7 - Release notes:
- Trailing mode bug fixed(essential for final boss in the story mode).
- (For modders) Modify ship event can now rename ships.
- (For modders) Sector_ships_present/absent conditions now have the ignore_class field, to ignore certain ship classes
Fullscreen will be fixed in the much later version.
As for your friend's problem - I can't really fix it untill I see it my self.
Maybe he's using fullscreen too, and that causes problems?
Also let him try clicking the cells that are right next to him, and tell me if his char does go there.
If you mean the piloting system of the station - you don't need to access it.(it's meant to be unaccessible)
You need to access the Falcon ship's bridge.
If you can't access the Falcon - please provide a screenshot of the problem here.