Thank you! : ) I agree completely- I planned to add some cool dash effects on the player, like a proper mech sliding around, but that ended up on the chopping block.
Recent community posts
Thanks! : ) I was hoping to do a little cutscene at the start where the player does a fancy staff animation to cast the Swap spell, but we had to cut it. That would definitely go in a longer version.
Fantastic concept and great presentation! I had a heck of a time making a T, and learning that ">" and "<" doesn't make an "X" makes me pretty much give up. But I'm still in love with the concept and enjoyed the time I spent on it!
Thanks! I actually planned to have a section where you unlock the ability to rotate at will - it would definitely have made some very different and hopefully fun levels. Unfortunately I had to cut it for scope and pacing.
Fun little SRPG. Good choice to simplify certain Fire Emblem mechanics, such as giving Sure-Hit weapons and not giving enemies counterattacks. Using the Rescue staff in level 3 was satisfying. Would like more 'join together'-based mechanics or puzzles - the healing bonus is really impactful and necessary to win, but it doesn't change player strategy very much or present many interesting decisions.
Thank you! It does have sound effects, but I stupidly put the keybind for toggling sound as 'S', right in the middle of WASD. : ( Thankfully there's no "down" command in gameplay, but it's still too easy to press by accident. I guess that's what happens when you add volume controls at the last second.
Thanks! Unfortunately, it's not planned right now. : (
I think some people have gotten the game partially running on WINE, but there is some sort of bug with it. If I learned how to make the game work with WINE I would.
The axe one-shots everything, which I am ok with. I wanted puzzles involving the axe to be more about getting to the axe and keeping it (instead of accidentally dropping it). And the pickaxe only does 1 damage like the sword.
@Zilrax: when you put the item atop the other item, and it crashes, are you doing that specifically on top of the anvil?
@Parsley: I can't seem to replicate that issue. Is it happening to you?
@Seeric: Interesting- were you using the gamepad to play at the time, or did it just happen to be plugged in?
Thanks for the bug reports everyone!
The intended behavior is that Critical Recovery procs 100% of the time if the hit leaves them in critical condition (25% HP). Originally, there was no way to prevent that. The intended counter was to only use high-damage attacks to finish them.
However, given that small, separate hits are extremely common in Alvora due to weapon augments, in v1.03 I've patched it so that Critical passives only fire if the target is not disabled/stunned/asleep/etc.
In the future, if I can figure out a good way to implement it code-wise I'd also like to make it so that Critical passives can only activate 1x per attack.
Sorry about that! That bug is fixed in v1.03, which is currently available on Steam. I was meaning to get it onto itch.io after a short test period, but I've been bad about that, and got sidetracked working on some other features...
I'll try to get v1.03 onto itch.io ASAP for you.
Uhh... oops. Yeah, I just checked... bats can delete your party members if they despawn while you walk through them... woops. That's going to the top of the priority list for fixes...!
Were the corrupted autosaves created after your party member was deleted?
Thanks for the reports. Sacrifice should kick in on the mage's turn if you are Blinded/Silenced. Let me know if it doesn't happen like that for you.
Good catch on the Focus Stone.
What weapon or ability did you use to kill the training dummy?
I figured out a cause of at least 1 kind of item bug. If a container is in the Stash - either bags or augmented equipment - then the game will crash on loading that save. : (
I'll get the next patch out ASAP. Until then, avoid putting bags or augmented equipment in the stash.
Hey, thanks for playing! I can give you some info on these.
- Each level of morale (ranging from super unhappy, unhappy, normal, happy, and very happy) grants a bonus (or penalty if bad morale) of +2 Attack and +1 Defense. So someone who has had their morale raised twice has +4 Attack and +2 Defense.
- Those are empty passive slots. You'll figure them out once you start playing around with passives.
- I'm afraid there is no item quickslotting. Those slots are all for abilities.
- The game creates up to 3 autosaves, never any more than that. If you let it do its thing it'll only create 3 slots worth of clutter, which is hopefully not too much. : )
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Dang, that sounds awful! I'm really sorry its corrupting saves. : (
My only guess is I did something wrong when I implemented equipment augments (inventory in Voidspire never had this kind of issue). I will perform some checks on selling augmented items. If you can remember what items you were moving when it crashed (was it an augmented piece of equipment?) then that could help me track it down.
Thanks for the feedback! I agree with a lot of these. Some notes:
- Passive system changes aren't likely to happen this game but this feedback is good so I can plan future games' system. I like the Major/Minor idea.
- Agreed, I nerfed Warpblade a bit this patch. Gate: Onslaught is probably still too good. I'm considering making it take more than a single turn to cast.
- Both can be socketed, so maybe I should add an icon that indicates the item is a material?
- This is how it was in Voidspire, which did cause a small issue. However, I agree with your critique. I think this is a result of having such large parties. With a 6-character team, it's almost inevitable that you and/or the enemy will secure a KO in one turn because of the huge amount of damage you can put out. I may go down to a 5-man team next game.
- I was hoping it would be an interesting trade-off and tactical consideration. But I should definitely offer more possibilities to solve lack of light at least (augments that provide light? material types that create brightly glowing weapons? etc).
- Yep, agreed.
- Also agreed, the Sell UI needs work.
- As does the looting UI.
- That particular encounter is one of the hardest, yeah. I should have added more bones and corpses in the path leading up to it. : P
Again, thanks for this post; good feedback like this helps me make decisions about future patches and games.