Give that 64-bit build a try, just uploaded.
Recent community posts
I guess someday I should respond to this feedback, huh?
The dollar award: Actually that's by design! Maybe not the most fun for games, but wrestlers rarely get paid more for working harder. It's a weird system.
More fans means more people coming to your show just to see you, meaning bigger attendance numbers and more money.
I agree! Some day. It looks like you've got a line on some really good 2D artists...
Some notes on the creation and release of Versions 01 of Badlands.
- The mapping stuff mainly came from Dig_It which was a much more ambitious and therefore doomed concept. I improved it a lot. I may clean up the code and open source it. Would anybody care?
- The logic around people in the game is totally empty and they just sort of wander. I'm not sure there will ever be much more interaction than this. I have a feeling they'll want to interact with each other more than I'll want them to interact with you. If you follow.
- I don't know _why_ "Badlands" but I do know it fits somehow. Also, my mom loves The Boss.
- Adding seasons and more flora somehow is something I'm really excited to do.
- As for scale, I'm not sure what it is in the game as-released. Maybe something like 1 square = 1km? Seems fair. Those are BIG rocks, I guess.
- Maybe I'll replace the rock as an above ground object with mountains. Maybe rock becomes a kind of "ground" like dirt or grass.
Here are some of the future features for DIG_IT:
- Food, and other ways to increase your HP
- More dangerous monsters as you dig deeper
- High score!
- Ability to reset your "world" file and start fresh
- Dirt respawning so your screens don't get totally dug out and you just fall and die
What would you like to see?