Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :) We are actively working on the full game.
Recent community posts
Thanks for checking it out! I totally agree with you. I'm gonna tweak the balance tonight. One note, breaking a barrier increases the wall strength, so it's better to fight off the wall before busting through. Give you a little breathing room to build up a larger resistance.
Hold back the darkness that's taking over your town.
Recruit others in the cause. The more people you have fighting back, the stronger your message is. Appeal to your fellow humans to have them join the fight.
Just wrapped up our Resist Jam title, CATALYST. Made in a week with Unity.
Some design notes:
- The giant dark wave represent oppression, pushing marginalized out of the community. It has an effect on people, but not the static environment
- Effort made to destroy the crispness of the polygons. Noise filter & Sunshafts to help emphasize movement and almost feels like an old film projector
- Making an appeal to the public using logos, pathos, & ethos. Crowd is (temporarily) disgruntled if you fail to make an appeal.
- Crowd size affects power of resistance
- Energetic & frantic, with music to match the game's pacing (literally to the BPM of the character run cycle)
- Tonal SFX, in mostly D Major, to blend the aural scene together
- Not overt messaging, keeping the struggle abstract, because we can't speak for everyone. The player chooses what the darkness represents
[FREE] Win & OS X
Play here: https://thelucre.itch.io/catalyst
Just wrapped up Global Game Jam 2017 and brought the game over to Itch.
Play now on Windows or OS X: https://thelucre.itch.io/haos
Would love any feedback / criticism. I feel like HOAS approaches just the right balance of art game and action mechanics that is so rare. The sound is a big part of the experience, so make sure you're tuned in.