Yo’ Templar here,
My first impression with the game was awful, I thought it was either a joke/troll entry or made by a child, the main menu had different fonts for the items, was de-organized, and had icons that didn’t quite portrait the meaning of their button.
- Never mix different fonts like that, you can have for example, one serif font for title and one sans-serif for everything else, and stick to those 2, but mixing multiple fonts, across title/text and serif/sans-serif it’s terrible in terms of UX/UI.
I started playing and a cutscene started, which at least in my computer, didn’t run really well, it didn’t progress smoothly nor game some form of feedback to tell that it was currently playing, so I couldn’t tell if it was working properly or if the game crashed, it wasn’t clear so it makes actually playing messy.
- Once you start there’s no objective, you can check them if you open the menu, but I at least spent 5 mins just walking around clicking anything, getting the occasional “Wrong” “Good” “Victory”, that quite doesn’t make sense, What’s wrong? What’s good? If you show me Victory I’d assume that the game is over, but it continues.
- Concerning the menu, while the world pauses, you can still move around, is a minor thing but still doesn’t feel right.
- While I commend you for making all assets yourself, they still need some work, feels like a minecraft clone you could find in mobile apps, and I understand that making everything a cube is a style in itself, those always include many details, either in the model itself, or the texture, to portrait an identity to that model over all the others.
- The animations are weird, they are neither comically bad, nor passable, the queen is t-posing for crying out loud.
- The collisions for the “coins” doesn’t feel like it works all the time, at least with some coins you need to really line up to get them, and some can’t even be picked up at all.
Of course, there are good things:
- The main mechanic is really fun, the way you can control time to affect the world leads itself to fun puzzles and interesting designs.
- Playing through events over and over to solve a problem can be fun if done correctly, and even more if even when you repeat there’s always something random to make every loop more interesting.
Overall, lacks work but if polished more can be a really good game.