I think I found a temporary solution for the hammer. If you attach a wheel to the motor/belt/chain, and then attach the hammer to the said wheel, it should fix your issue. I accidently found that out, and I don't know how or why it fixes the issue, but it does.
Recent community posts
I would like to recommend adding a circular grid for custom component and chassis building. I tried making a Chronos type of robot, but I couldn't make a cylindrical chassis, and it just looked weird as an octagon. Also, being able to make custom saws without having to add 30-something teeth separately would be nice.
Hope the next update goes well!
-CodeSilver Gaming (Channel Here)
Hey Chris! I found a few problems with the new update that you might already know about, but just in case you don't, here are some:
1) When I play in the main Test Arena, the game crashes fairly often. It's kind of frustrating, considering it's the best arena.
2) I know you are already aware of Manta and TR3's inability to flip, but one other thing I found is that their pneumatics go off automatically when another bot is on top of/rams into it.
3) Crabsolutely Clawfull's AI won't use it's claws at all.
4) This is more of a question. Is the weight measured in Kilos or Pounds? Also, what is the weight of the premade robots?
I hope that all of this helps you in some way. I wish you luck, and have a great day!
- CodeSilver Gaming
Channel: (link here)
Hello again, Chris! Just wanted to let you know that I'm planning on starting up my own Youtube Channel, and I'm planning on having RR2 gameplay for my first video. I don't know all of the rules regarding copyright laws and if I need permission to post the video, so I'm playing it safe and asking you now.
Hope all goes well with the next update!
How long does it take to receive a conformation email for the beta testing? I signed up 2 days ago, and haven't gotten anything back yet. Just hoping it didn't disappear. Also, is there a name that I can use for you, other than just "you"?
1. That makes sense. Kind of sad it will take a while to get it computer generated, but it's always easy to just make your own on pencil & paper, so it'll be okay.
2. I saw the arena builder/editor on an older Youtube video, and it definitely didn't look user-friendly.
Already, and especially with the new alpha build coming out soon, this is already one of the best robot combat games out there. The only other one that could be considered an equal is RA2, but you have better graphics, and graphics are everything nowadays. Also, I have been trying to spread the word, and so far I've gotten a couple of people to be interested. Keep up the good work!
This is all great news. I can't wait until the end of the month. Makes sense to not make it closed beta yet, considering that the robots don't even have visual damage, except for the parts that fall off. I also have a few more questions/suggestions, I'd you don't mind:
1) Do you have a list of all the new things for the next alpha build that you could post or have already posted?
2) I have a few ideas for game play customization, like being able to change the control buttons, or have the game be compatible with gaming controllers. Also, If you make a game play setting, you could maybe add sliders to adjust the time limit, bot speed, overall bot strength, bot size, gravity, arena size, and A.I. difficulty, among other possibilities.
Thank you for making the robot fighting community proud with this game. You deserve a round of applause. Also, I'm sorry if I seem pushy at times, I am just excited about the game development. Hope to hear from you soon!
Just downloaded and played this game, and I am very excited to see the finished product when it comes out. I do have some questions and suggestions about the game though:
1) I absolutely love the BotLab. It is very easy to use and create almost exactly what you want. The one minor issue I found was when I was trying to make a low-lying robot. I made the wheels positioned so that the chassis was the lowest it could get without touching the ground, but when I tested it, the robot made almost no movement whatsoever. I ended up just making it have a higher ground clearance, which is okay for me, but in the future there could be some people that might get upset by this, because a higher ground clearance would equal being more liable to flippers.
2) I understand that this is only the Alpha Build, but I still find it a little upsetting that I wasn't able to test our robots in actual matches, and instead have to test it against a demolition bot and some boxes. I feel that if it were added to the Alpha Build, then there will be more people to notice and report some glitches, therefore allowing you guys to be able to fix them quicker, or at least reduce the frequency of them occurring again.
3) Since we are now in 2019, do you guys have a better estimate of the beta release?
4) When the game is completed and officially released, will it cost money? If not, that will be amazing, but if so, I can't be angry with you guys, considering how great this game will be.
5) I would absolutely love to be a beta tester, but I would like to have more information as to what the requirements are and what I would be doing, before I signup.
6) One last thing. I noticed that the camera angles seem really wonky, and I would recommend adding a birds-eye view and an over-the-shoulder camera. I've looked through some of the comments and noticed you talking about some issues with the over-the-shoulder camera, but I would like to point out that even games like GTA 5 and Fortnite tend to have minor issues with it not always following perfectly, so there is no shame in not being able to perfect it.
Again, this game looks great. I wish you good luck with the game, and I hope to hear from you guys soon!