Subscriptions through itch would be an enormous pull for the platform, hugely simplify many game creators payment pipelines, and help encourage financially sustainable development for creators of all shapes and sizes.
- Recurring billing of a user-chosen amount each month
- Billed all together by itch, split to creators -> more payment platform efficiency
- Optional requirement for payment on starting subscription, for content
- Cancel any time
- Per-work, or per-creator, and managed separately in each case
- Tax checkboxes per-supported-country (similar to VAT handling)
- Optional benefits with price breakpoints
- Ability to show or hide amount of support (in dollar or supporter count), and goals (in terms of whatever is displayed)
- API for querying support with appropriate credentials
Yes, there is patreon or similar integration as an option, but it requires that work is patreon friendly, requires maintaining a separate patreon, and requires doing the work to integrate with itch.
Please consider it. The simplicity of putting work out there and accepting payments on itch is completely unparalleled - and for long term work, being able to gather support on the same platform you're distributing through would absolutely rock. For creators looking to build support. And for people looking to get off patreon, itch would probably be a more appealing home than the current alternatives.
(I asked on twitter but here seems more active/likely to get a response from staff.)
Thanks for your time,