- The (in-development) story will assign you a character and a name (you'll be playing as Longfinger, as well as one of his mentees).
- Yeah, currently I'm requiring nicknames start with a capital letter. This was mostly to encourage people to choose names that sound like names, rather than xxGamerDudexx, but maybe that's too heavy handed. I'm definitely open to reconsidering.
- The IOErrorEvent you saw was from a web request timeout - are you on a flaky wifi or something? Maybe the server hiccuped. I think in general the game needs to be a little less sensitive to that stuff, and just retry (the timeout is stupidly low).
- Ah! You're not the first to be confused here. So - the multiplayer is entirely Words With Friends-style asynchronous -- you get your opponent's entire turn once they hit submit, but not their individual moves as they come in. (You can quit the game in the middle of a match and come back.) This probably needs a popup explaining it the first time. There's an experimental synchronous mode that I've disabled in this build because it's buggy, and because I'm not convinced it would be healthy for the game (since it would require a bigger player pool), but we're still making up our minds about that...
- Burgling a large money sack will either give 2 coins or 1 lantern, with about a 25% chance of getting 1 lantern. Small sack always gives 1 coin. THere's no way to know what you'll get from a large sack ahead of time.