I've been finally able to play the demo! Well, I haven't finished yet, but I just started on the investigation mission, and it feels like a "last quest of the arc" type of thing, so I'll share my thoughts right now even if I still have things left to do.
Well, first of all, really, the game is simply amazing. I felt attached to the characters very fast, and the story is compelling, at least to me - it's exactly the type of fantasy I like, with the added freedom you have by being an indie dev.
I must admit I enjoy the music a lot - I'm a sucker for in-game songs (as in, songs with actual lyrics).
I'd like to go a bit more in depth about the characters and stuff, but before that I'll point out a couple of things that may be considered mistakes or simply that I would add.
- There's a faint square around Erika's portrait - like a border remaining from the original file or something like that.
- The game would benefit from an auto toggle for battles. It's fine at the beginning, but for people who grind a lot like me, it's nice to be able to just let the characters attack alone once you're in late game. Also, I'd really add a text log - sometimes I get a bit finger-heavy on the mouse, and since the game is set to start skipping if I let my finger down, I may miss some text. A log would allow to go back and read it.
- As usual, a gallery wouldn't be bad either - it's nice to be able to look at the CGs anytime. Maybe even listen to the music.
Well, now for more in depth things!
If someone else than the dev reads it, BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!
I like how you have such a huge array of choices all the time. It's nice to be able to really shape the main character as you wish. The karma system is nice too. Considering the MCs demonic predicament, I can imagine how badly it may end if you have bad karma later on. I'm curious as on why the demon was divided into two parts though. Many mysteries ahead!
So far, I like most of the characters. The only one I'm not so fond of is Myrana - she's really not my type, but I can tolerate her so that's okay. Icarus is very nice too, but fortunately I don't feel frustrated for not being able to romance him with a male MC - somehow, I'd rather have friendship than romance in his case. On the other hand, part of me is sad Kuro isn't an option - I adore him! Buuut... hands down, my favorite character so far has to be Tyran. My god I love him so much! He's exactly my type - personality and looks both! And now I understand why you told me he's hard to categorize haha! Well, that's fine, he's awesome as he is. I'll be definitely going for him, as far as romance goes. I actually like Killian a lot too, but he simply can't compare. And well, I like to romance only one character per playthrough, even if the game allows me to pursue various characters, so yeah - Tyran it is.
This makes me slighly curious about how the bathhouse scene unfolds if you play as a girl, but that too, was fine the way it was. Man I love this game and this character haha!
With that being said, I have a couple of questions too!
- How many acts total will the game have?
- And how many endings too? Are they per character, or are the character specific endings more like added to a global ending depending on how you played? Or is it something else entirely? Also, aside from bad ending/s at the end, are you planning some sudden game-overs caused by bad choices? Sorry, I'm always very curious about ending technicalities!
- Is it possible to get a good ending for the main story of the game but fail the romance I was trying to achieve?
- Will the saves I make still work in future updates? I don't mind replaying every single time, but depending on the answer I will grind more or less!
- Are the character portraits in the text box original art, or edited RPG Maker assets? The style seems like it would be the later, but I don't really recognize the specific pictures.
- And last one... Well, it's about Tyran again, and it's the most spoilery question I suppose, but so far the game didn't make it really clear and well, I guess I'd like to have a confirmation one way or another. I've been referring to him as a "he" and well, the game does so too. As far as I'm concerned, he's simply a trans boy, so that's it. But it may actually be the other way around - a "crossdressing" girl. By instinct, I'm inclined to pick the former option, but I'm not sure either, so yeah... basically how does he feel about himself in that aspect... Is it something you can tell me?
Well, I think that'll be it. Sorry for such a long post and for the amount of questions and stuff. If you'd rather not answer some of the things I asked, I'll understand, so don't worry about telling me... well, that you can't tell me!
I'll finish playing after some sleep and work!