Sorry about the teething troubles! After going to 1.15, you'll need to remove any water barrels that aren't working correctly, but any new ones should work fine from that point.
I see the save game is not stored in the game folder, so I tried to go on, but the population was to fare gone, atleast to much where already unhappy. I just started a new game and it seems much better with 1.15. The second group of new dwarfs where only 5 settlers and not the 10 I expected. What are the rules with newcomers?
1) Also I have a Hematite ore that is still lying around for more then a year now. Didn't have a dead or something so I had expected to get it handled..
2) the lantern's for now they seems to be for your own visibility when deeper in the mountain and with granite. I suppose there will be some bonus when using the lanterns? To have enough light you will need a lot of iron/copper, what is the plan with this?
With the new settlers its a somewhat random small number, with a potentially sizable bonus if you have a lot of spare food supplies.
I think I'll add something to items so you can see if they're due to be hauled somewhere or not, which should make things a lot clearer.
Yes right now there's no gameplay effect of the lighting, but I'm planning to make it most likely a happiness bonus or malus for working in lit or dark conditions - probably not generally moving about but for any actual work like at a crafting station.
1) I got 29 new settlers now, so a big spare food bonus :). I see some problem now with preparing food, the cauldron's in the kitchen have food ingredients but don't all go to soup. With the result that the feasting hall's are not full with food any more..
2) Also it the boulders in the stockpiles are not processed, ofcourse I have a stockpile of stones, but I like them to be processes so it saves space. I have idle dwarfs that can do the work, so it seems there is some limit to store?
3) The mushroom farm is not working as expected, it seems you have to collect new spores in the mountain after each harvest in the farm, but I can't find them. Also the mushroom logs are gone after one or 2 harvest? What are the rules with it?
I'll be adding info to the stockpiles so you can tell how many spaces are "reserved" by items that haven't been hauled yet, hopefully that helps.
With the mushroom logs, when you harvest wild mushrooms you get some spawn to create mushroom logs out of, which need a log and get injected with mushroom spawn. After several harvests (4 or 5? Can't remember), the log is used up and deconstructs itself, but it refunds the mushroom spawn for you to be able to create another. Effectively, the limit to how many mushroom logs you can create is how many mushrooms you find in the wild.
Thanks for your response! I will check the mushroom logs then, if they are still going on and not wearing down as I thought.
Nice to have the information about the stockpiles but that is not what I was asking. The boulders are hauled (as in picked up from the mining site and stored in the stockpiles), but they stay there as boulders and are not cut/processed into stones. I have idle dwarfs that have the right skills but don't go to work.. I think this is because I have plenty of stones in the stockpile, I like to have the boulders processes because a lot of stones can be in one square of stockpile where otherwise only one boulder can be. Do you understand my question?
Thanks anyway, I am looking forward to a new feature release, keep up the good work!