No, the other LOVE entries seem to be giving me text/font trouble as well. I can run the LOVE executable by itself and get the "NO GAME" message, which I presume is using fonts, but it doesn't work with actual games.
I just tried a Visual Novel(ette) that I wrote with Lua a while back. It's using completely bog standard fonts, but it's not showing any text with LOVE 11.2 either. LOVE 10.2 works fine, font-wise, but won't run any of your cool modern games. : ( So this is definitely the fault of my setup. I will try to either fix or get another computer so I can test things properly before the deadline.