Wow, just wow. I don't mean this lightly. I have tried a lot of football games in my lifetime. really a lot. From match day 2 on the spectrum to sensible soccer on the amiga to the golden age of PES on the PS2. and I have been waiting for a long time for a game like this. You nailed the ideal speed and passing game feel on the spot. congratulations. this is exactly what the football gaming community needs: a slower version of sensi. there are however a few little niggles and omissions, but of course for an beta its already pretty good!
here are my suggestions/niggles:
- Sprint/knock ahead should be more immediate and pronounced, feels a little slow and not responsive
- Add the ability to curl the ball a la sensi with immediate stick movement after kick (shouldn't be overpowered though). The way this could work would be, when you hold the kick button to power up the shot/pass your kick direction becomes set and then you can use the stick already to add curl and height (if you pull back) and these are applied when you release. This is cool because it allows a lot more depth to the control system without adding immediate complexity for the novice player.
- Cam 10 doesn't really need it but add an optional radar for those who like to play more zoomed in
- Allow even further zoom out camera options! (ideally until almost all the pitch is visible)
- The side selection screen is a bit confusing, should follow the convention of showing the team names and flags on each side instead of a cryptic [Team 1]
- The speed is maybe just a tad too slow? Definitely Sensi speed is too fast for nowadays, but this is maybe too slow. Ideally allow to choose from 3 speeds or something in the menu.
You have something special here. I tell you. Would definitely pay for a more fleshed out version.