Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can people submit .bas file with code?

A topic by ormoondort created Jun 03, 2017 Views: 585 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6

I found Basin generating something very buggy when you try to export code to .z80. No problems with running my game in it's internal emulator with RUN command (those problems of course are because of my code). So my game was unplayable from .z80 file and i deleted my game from itch.

I wont try joining gamejam again, but for participants allowance of just .bas files would make publishing easier.

Try to use BasinC instead, basin is quite old and full of bugs atm

http://arda.kisafilm.org/blog/...

HostSubmitted

Basin from Everychildcancode.org I found to be stable.

Submitted

Who knows what kind of system @ormoondort here is trying to run it on. Computers are weird. But it's very sad when someone drops out of the race like that. Please don't. There must be other ways.

Submitted

That's why I made a point of testing exported snapshots in another emulator first. Two, in fact -- Fuse and JSSpeccy. Didn't have any problem though. Try .sna instead of .z80, maybe? And sure, it would be great if publishing the .bas file was allowed as well.

I fully intend to release my source code so all of you can see what shit programmer i am 馃榾

Submitted

As if my source code looks any good after all the tweaks and renumbering. :P

HostSubmitted

Hi Guys,
The reason I ask for .tap or emulator compatible files I that it will be easier for others to play them.

Or maybe run via online emulator linking to the file directly such as jsspeccy and a few others allow.

Submitted

I've provided both. JSSpeccy rocks! But also made it possible to end the program cleanly, so people can list it afterwards.

HostSubmitted

Hi Ormoondort,

If you have no other way - I will alloy you to use your .bas file.
I can then take your file and convert to .z80 or .tap etc.