Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Kikimora's curse (placeholder name ) Devblog 2

A topic by El Fideo Rubio ( Héctor ) created Apr 09, 2019 Views: 301 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+3)
Hey guys another week another devblog :)
-Milo ( code )

Milo has implemented a pick up system for finding the keys on the environment and open doors.

He has also work on some shape recognition for the glymph,  head bob and footsteps for the character (implementation not the actual creation of sound )

-El fideo rubio ( art & technical art )

This week I focus on creating a hall for our Dacha 

-Kylen ( 3d art )

Kylen keeps on creating top of the line art here's some of the prop work she did this week.

- Saulo ( Audio )

Saulo has done a first version of the main background music for the game. You can listen to it here:

https://soundcloud.com/saulo-carranza/mytholojam-draft-v1-00/s-6Av3A

He has been working on some door sound effects as well (opened - closed - locked - unlocked) , releasing a first version of them.

That's it for this weeks report, remember we are still looking for character artist and animators if you are interested or know anyone that might be don't hesite to contact me on discord: El fideo rubio #8764

Submitted

Are you going to make a scary mythological game for the jam? If so, I'm curious, are we going to be eaten by Chronos or lost in a labyrinth with the Minotaur?

Submitted

Really like the background music! Got a question for you; I struggle with this myself. What speakers do you use to mix it? You have to anticipate how the player might hear it, and that could mean anything from a small smartphone speaker to a soundbar on an HD TV. Since your game shows a roomy 3D world, I might suggest adding a bit more reverb and some stereo separation to fill all that space?

Hey! Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

For the mix of this version I used  a pair of JBL Studio monitors (LSR305 if I'm not mistaken), and headphones as reference (sennheiser HD-25 1-II). I use the headphones a lot when trying to modify the details.
Once that I'm more or less comfortable with the mix, i upload it to soundcloud and listen to it from my phone (not headphones, just the phone's speaker). That helps me to have an idea if the details are well placed in the mix, or if i'm working for nothing...

Thanks for the suggestion again, I will totally consider it when mixing the final versions.

Cheers!