Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are you working on?

A topic by Wandering Pine Press created Jan 09, 2022 Views: 324 Replies: 25
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host

Hey folks. Tell us about what you’re working on, and whether you are open to collaboration.

In the background behind other projects I was working on a multi-level interactive fiction gamebook before I discovered this particular jam. This jam renewed my interest in the project. I've decided to finish the first level and the rules for continued play for this jam. 

Host

Fantastic! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'd like to see how it turns out too!
I'm at the most dangerous point of writing: half way. I am pleased with how it starts. I like how it ends. Large chunks of the middle are there and good. I need to stop smiling at it and finish it. The first bits going well made me a bit lackadaisical. I need to reprioritize a time to write on it.

I have a little time left.

Host

how’s it going?

Good start. Slow progress. I haven't given it up yet.

Okay. School's out. Time to work on this again on the forefront and see how it goes.

Host

nice!

Host

Still working on it?

I am. Missed the deadline, but am making progress around other projects. This will see the light of day at some point. Hopefully at some point soon.

Well.

That's not what I expected.

I've decided to come back to the full gamebook and release the Winnie The Pooh Brief RPG which was originally built to be a part of the full Gamebook. It's after the jam, but I wanted to say "it's done" (sorta).

https://bigiv.itch.io/winnie-the-pooh-brief-rpg

Hi! Most interested in submitting a game for this.

Host

awesome! I can’t wait to see what you build!

Host

how’s it coming along?

I'm doing a solo journaling caltrop core game, that supports "campaign play"

Host(+1)

oh that sounds so cool!

Thank you! <3

Host(+1)

how’s it coming?

I got incredibly distracted by a dozen other things and I'm actually really happy this jam is still going. So, it isn't coming along much, but I'm gonna get back to it!

Submitted

I've been working on a solo journaling game like Alone Among the Stars. It drifted a bit from that format as I didn't feel it works well for a Winnie the Pooh story.

Submitted

I’ve submitted mine and I’m looking forward to seeing more submissions over the next few days. Mine works (IMHO) as a stand-alone, but could equally act as a story generator for another Winnie–the–Pooh TTRPG, so I’m interested to see if any of the other entries would work alongside mine.

Submitted

Sorry if you felt you needed to change your cover image when I used the same one. I debated changing it when I noticed you used it first but decided to go with it anyway.

Submitted

No worries. I wasn’t 100% happy with my first cover image, so I probably would have changed it anyway. Happier with the one I have now.

Submitted

I watched the instadeath videos on Push game system. My mind keeps saying I should make a Winnie The Pooh version but I don't think it would work well with that system.

Host

It’s funny, I had thought of doing a Push game as well. But I just don’t have the time to pull it off right now.

one way I think it could work well is if you WEREN’T characters in the primary ensemble of Pooh’s friends, and instead were just other creatures of the hundred acre wood. That way, you could run into the cast as NPCs with Matrix entries that reference them in some way.

Submitted

That would work better. I was thinking of pregenerating the characters but then referencing them in the matrix when a player might be using one of the characters might be hard.