Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question about rules Locked

A topic by Political Games created Sep 11, 2021 Views: 182 Replies: 1
This topic was locked by Retro Indie Josh Sep 11, 2021
Viewing posts 1 to 3

I would like an answer to the questions not answered in this locked thread. I've made political games and one of these themes is in my game. 

Here's OP's unanswered Q from a locked thread:

Would I be disqualified if I made a game that features someone using non-binary pronouns? Some communities consider that extremely "political", while others consider it the norm. What about a game showcasing the faults of capitalism, unionizing, or work for hire practices (topics that are more likely to come up in a jam with a "boss" theme)? Are those "too political" or just common sense? This is what makes the rule vague - what one person considers a "political idea" may be different than what another feels is "political". It isn't a matter of simple common sense because what is "common sense" in one community is not in another.

Joshua McLeanJam Host

None of the games you have made are remotely political. There is no reason to debate the rule further.

Jam HostSubmitted

As the original poster, you are ignoring the “real world” and “directly” parts.

Here’s a definition: “The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party.”

It’s simple. Don’t directly reference those from the real world.

This isn’t ambiguous or a blurred line. A game including a specific named or represented world leader breaks the rule. A game that includes a president of a vague or imaginary country doesn’t.

Jam HostSubmitted locked this topic