Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'm planning to play through the jam games with commentary on YouTube.

A topic by Chapel created Oct 26, 2020 Views: 267 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Jam Host(+2)

Hey y'all, just a heads up, I'm planning on playing through all these games and recording myself doing it and maybe posting those videos on YouTube. I don't have any kind of following, so I'm just doing it for myself and anyone else in the community who's interested. I will be offering criticism and prescriptive advice on the games as I play them, so if you'd prefer I not play your game, you can let me know here or DM me on Discord ChapelR#6969 and I'll skip your game. I'm not sure I'll get to all of them, as my time is fairly limited, but I'll try. I'm also suffering from a bit of a cold, so that may impact the quality and time frame too, but I'll post here when I make a video if any of you want to check it out.

Anyway, thanks for entering! I look forward to playing your games!

Submitted(+2)

Sounds good!

Submitted(+1)

Really nice idea!!

Submitted(+2)

Hit us with the link when you do!

Considering you've mentioned you don't have a tonne of time, I highly recommend just doing the truncated version of my game, not the full version. ;)

Jam Host

Hello. I've uploaded the first installment. I'm new at this, so feedback on the format and content is welcome. This first episode covers 10 Step Escape and The Floating House. Next episode should cover 10 Lost Boys, If You Could Love a Wolf Like Me, and Dungeon Twine. If you're on that second list, this is your last chance to stop me!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks so much for the feedback. It was honestly really helpful to have such a detailed  critique. 

Submitted(+1)

Watched it all the way through! I found myself mostly agreeing with your assessments, and you did a good job in talking about both what you liked and what were speedbumps. I did think you were a bit harsh with criticising the word choice in a few places when a more broad-stroke approach would've been more fair.

Jam Host(+1)

I did think you were a bit harsh with criticising the word choice in a few places when a more broad-stroke approach would've been more fair.

I definitely believe you, but an example would help me zero in on what you mean. I definitely want to be as fair as possible, and descriptive instead of prescriptive where possible (e.g., "I would...", instead of "The author should have...") but it's easy to slip into the latter.

Submitted

I think the two bits that jumped out to me were getting caught up with "stained glass windows" (about 40:45 in) and the lunging animatronics description (about 47:45 in). You seemed quite focused on word choice when I think a more broad-stroke approach would've been more fair! :)

Jam Host(+1)

Here is episode 2. This one took a while to edit and get together, so I haven't started episode 3 yet, so I'm not sure what games are going to be in it. I'll let you know after I record it.