Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introduce Yourself Sticky

A topic by Adventuron created Mar 19, 2022 Views: 296 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Host

Let everyone know about who you (no full names or addresses) are and your interests.

Submitted(+2)

Hello. I'm Garry and I'm new around here. (Just kidding.) I missed the Text Adventure Literacy Jam last year. I don't remember why. I was either busy at work or couldn't think of anything interesting to motivate me.

I haven't registered yet, but I'm hoping to write something this year. I have no idea what it will be yet, although I've got a few ideas. It will probably be something small and easy to play. (It is for people new to text adventures, after all.) The tutorial aspect will be a challenge.

I've published 8 text adventures on itch - 5 written in Adventuron and 3 in Inform 6. You can see them at https://warrigal.itch.io/ and they're all free.

Submitted(+2)

Hi, I'm Robert. This would be my second Jam overall. Previously I submitted my text-adventure to Parser Comp from previous year.

I am interested in text-adventures for many years. Started with Adventure Definition Language, AdvSys, Haktar and Engine Nine Adventure Creator.

There is also a Parser Comp this year, and I'm not yet sure where I will submit.

I will try to submit an interesting and likeable adventure for novice players.

Cheers. :)

Submitted(+2)

Hi, I'm Kenneth. I have written about 14 text adventures, mainly with ADRIFT but a few with Inform and one with GAC on C64. I hope to enter this years competition with Grandma's Flying Saucer (ADRIFT game) which is a sequel to my ParserComp entry last year, though you do not need to know about the previous game to play this. If anyone is interested in my games, you can get an overview of my ADRIFT games here:  User Profile - Denk (adrift.co)  and some more on itch: kenped - itch.io

I've been lurking about the IF community for over three years at this point, but this will be nearly my first published game. I have another I'm finishing up for Spring Thing, but actually putting myself out there by entering competitions is definitely new to me. I find the tutorial aspect of this jam fascinating and the outreach potential heartening. Hopefully, it becomes an annual thing.

Hello Everybody!

I am Kino, and I love playing and making games!  Anime is my go-to spot here and there but nowadays I am trying to be more productive.

I have been joining various jams to force  myself to try out new engines and frameworks to widen my perspective. 

This jam is no different. I hope everyone g'd luck and we shall meet at the end-line once again hopefully...

Hi. I("@kuberlog"). I.write(Game(Setting(Place.NYC, Time.NOW), Plot("Role play as a billionaire with all the latest tech. Its basically everything Cyberpunk2077 tried and failed to be."), Stack(Language.PYHTON, ["Rich"]))

I'm a bit late, but I'm enjoying the games in the newest iteration of TALP. I stumbled on it mid-comp last year, and with Spring Thing, I put off judging until now. I'm glad I Was able to test a few games that were already in good shape, and it's good to see even more entries this year.

I want to do what I can to vote on all the games I didn't test. I also hope to write reviews at http://ifdb.org and encourage others to, too.

Submitted(+1)

Unlike IFComp, there are no rules that prevent you rating a game that you play tested. So, go for it. I will certainly be rating the games I play tested, but only after I've played the final versions. I'm leaving that until I've played all the other games that I didn't play test.

It's quite nice to know this is okay--I confess I'm worried I'll be biased more towards the games I beta-tested, because I understand their workings more, and I more totally understand what the authors wanted to do.

That's my current stance, though I may rethink it. Not that I want rethinking it to get in the way of finishing all the games I can.