Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introduction/LFG Sticky

A topic by Jacob Peltola created May 03, 2020 Views: 189 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

Looking for a group or want to introduce yourself? Do so here!

I'm Sleepy Gary.  3 years ago, my (then) 5 year old son Stinky Boorito and I started a project about a man and his stegosaurus fighting bad guys called "Ike & Noonie". We used paper cutouts for the background elements as well as Ike and Noonie themselves. My son drew all the monsters and enemies, all of which were scanned and animated digitally.  If I had realized there was a 2018 and 2019 jam, we would have joined those, too.

This year, we are making a Fighting/Street brawl superhero game (think Maximum Carnage) about a super hero who is/makes/projects(?) fire, tentatively called "Fire Man". (My son names these games.) We are going to be using clay for the characters, which I will then photograph and animate in the traditional style of stop motion, probably paper and other elements for the background, and maybe some toys for other elements in-game. We're hoping to have at least 1-3 levels complete by the end of the month, but we'll see...

Good luck, everyone! We look forward to viewing/playing your submissions!

Submitted

I'm H. H. Magoo, the creator of Rocktopus. My game is an under the sea stop motion musical extravaganza.  It was all made during the jam window except for a cameo by the fish from my 2019 Stop Motion Jam project, Wizard of the 4 Corners. Like Sleepy Gary, I am a parent, though my son is, as yet, too young to be particularly helpful with animation. I'm sure I'll have him shaping clay by SMJ: 2021. When I'm not programming, I enjoy hanging out with him and my husband, and acting in community theatre. I recently played Maria in the Sound of Music which proved a major inspiration for Rocktopus. I love Stop Motion Jam and can't wait to see all your eye-popping projects.