Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Narrative Writing?

A topic by Mandy J Watson created May 25, 2020 Views: 165 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

I've started playing and rating the games and it has occurred to me that there is no voting category for "best narrative writing" - skill in telling a story primarily using words - for which Twine is probably the best suited engine. None of the other categories fit, some just have vague overlaps.

Submitted

It's a fair point. Though since this is for bragging rights and motivation, I think leaving a comment on the entries that made an impression would serve just as well =)

Submitted

I definitely am but I would like to be able to rate games appropriately too.

I just find it strange that we've evaluating the quality and potential of something that is a demo (so this category doesn't even apply to everyone) yet we aren't evaluating arguably the most important category for anything that is well written/constructed.

Jam Host(+1)

we dismissed the idea of a "best writing" or "best narrative" category because we felt that it was both broad and unspecific. the best characters, descriptions, and emotional impact categories, in addition to the personal favorite category, are intended to replace it, since good writing and narrative are comprised of several component parts. 

Submitted

Ok, thanks.