Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Final Notes And Payout Information Sticky

A topic by romsteady created Nov 11, 2019 Views: 198 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host(+1)(-1)

After reviewing the threads, comments, and after having discussions with Shackers in Orlando, we will not be voiding any entries for this jam and are going to take this as a learning opportunity.

Rule changes will be made for the next jam in February 2020 that should prevent even the appearance of manipulation.

I'll be sending emails to the winners tonight to the email addresses associated with your itch.io accounts.  Please reply with a paypal.me address and I'll be sending the prizes within 24 hours of receiving a response.

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

I'm disappointed, but I realize you guys have the final say here and have every right to do this. Likewise I really appreciate that Shacknews is putting money up for gamejams and will definitely still participate so long as those new rules are put into action.

Let's see if the cheaters win next time!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Extremely disappointed to hear this. Would've thought based on the overwhelming majority of all the votes on the other discussion as well as Asif's decision on stream, that these games would be disqualified, however, they are instead being rewarded. Unfortunate that those that manipulate their votes and include ads in their games are left alone, the community's decision is ignored, and the games are allowed to win. Hoping that future jams will implement needed rules correctly so it is completely fair for everyone.

Submitted(+3)

Well now these guys have a chance to put up or shut up. You defended yourselves vehemently and insisted it wasnt about the money, but the community. The community has voted, are you going to show some integrity and pass on the winnings? You could donate it to the next jam. They had to change the rules because of you, honestly id be pretty embarrassed about that.

Thanks again Shacknews, i had fun and look forward to doing it again.