Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Late Entry-Don't Kill the CEO Locked

A topic by Sidaal created Sep 15, 2020 Views: 313 Replies: 9
This topic was locked by StudioBlue Oct 01, 2020

Judging and voting ended. All comments should be moved to the "Final Scores and Community Award Results" topic...!

Viewing posts 1 to 5
(1 edit)

Here is another entry to play for the game jam. The game did not make it in before the deadline:

PC Version-https://sidaal.itch.io/dont-kill-the-ceo-pc-version

Browser/Phone Version: https://sidaal.itch.io/dont-kill-the-ceo

sad...

It was my fault. It should have been ready to launch 30 minutes or at least 1 day before the deadline. The fact that I have a game to play and can share on the phone and PC is really what makes me happy.  I needed to make a complete shareable video game to be happy with myself.

A judge will still play it, but they won't rank it. I can live with that.  It gets to be part of the livestream, and since it's late, I figure I can improve it before it gets scheduled to played by a judge. It's not done yet. It's beatable but I want to expand it to the way I want it to be. If you give me middle of the week, the game will be ready to be played in the way I imagined it to be.

I just knew about the jam for less than an hour ago

Oh shoot. I realized that you made games. I'll have to try a game of yours.

Submitted

Hey!

So, a bit late, but I ended up playing Don't Kill The CEO in the end! It was a neat and funny little game! But now, the gameplay and the universe surrounding is "cartoonishly" funny. But what about... the gameplay?

If there is one critical point I'd make about your game, it would be this:

- Does your choices matter except for the last one? I feel like you can just chose anything you want and still roll with it with little to no impact on the scenario. If that's the case, it would be kind of a shame.

And that's it. I don't know what other critical point about your game. With that said, to people around there interested in playing it, I heavily recommend it. At least for the lolz. This game is making nice use of comedy throughout and if it could have make it in time, it would have been the funniest entry in the game jam, hands down.

(+1)

Thank you so much Pikamew for the review. I appreciate your  kind words and your fair criticism. The lack of gameplay was what I noticed, so much so where if someone named my game: “the meeting, the game” they wouldn’t be wrong. So I would like to update the final challenge so you can get more various responses, and add more gameplay throughout the game. 

The story for me was very easy for me to make since the main character had to be unlikable (a CEO is a good start,)  and the  core plot is actually based on Walmart vs Amazon and Walmart’s in acquiring Jet.com to compete with Amazon.The rest was my son and I making jokes  about stupid business things we  know, and rolling on the floor laughing whenever we thought of anything throughout the days.

Submitted

You're most welcome! You did great from a comedic standpoint, I give you that!

Good luck for the future! ^^

Submitted

I 100% support the pro-capitalist message of this game.  The CEO deserves a bonus.  ;)
(Also, couple bug notes (browser version): after day one, if you walk back to the parking lot the car suddenly reappears. On day two before  the "building event",  if you try to go down the stairwells on the second floor you have to input (instead of transfer on player touch).
Good work!

Hah hah hah. Thank you Rubescen for exploring the morality of capitalism.

I know exactly where those bugs are. I’ll fix those 2 things when I get home tonight.

Host locked this topic