Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Too much time to wait the results

A topic by Narehop created Apr 05, 2020 Views: 251 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+1)

What is the reason for such a long trial? Theoretically, we have to wait until September 2020 to evaluate the games. It's a six-month wait. During that time without knowing the winners, there are people who have sent in their entries and will want to improve their game, or take advantage of it to try and sell it.

I think that creating a game is a difficult task and that you cannot stay in a drawer for 6 months waiting for the result of the competition to be known.

Submitted(+1)

I would take a wild guess that it's due to the judges in particular. Their schedule may have a part of the long wait time. 

Submitted(+1)

I think the final results date is going to be changed mostly because of the Coronavirus situation. The contest started the last October but now the worldwide situation has changed dramatically. That means: no expo, no events for the next months so (maybe) the judges have more free time on their hands to evaluate.

Submitted(+1)

Also when they made that announcement that it would be September, perhaps they were thinking there would be more entries. If there were hundreds of  entries I think 6 months wait would be reasonable because the judges would take a lot longer to play through the games. I think it will be way sooner. And this change to the jam page makes me think that they are just waiting on the popular vote and then they’ll announce the results after that. I’m waiting to get confirmation on that.

Submitted(+1)

There's probably a reason for all this, they may eventually post updates about the final date for the final results after the end of the Votes.
About what Narehop said, you can actually create a new page for your project and post updates there, I think this is a temporary solution until the end of the contest.