Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What does the theme mean...?

A topic by WolfClaw666 created Apr 30, 2021 Views: 532 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 8

I'm trying to figure out if we make a game that's literally about campbell soup or if it's supposed to be a game related to Andy Warhol (pop art, repetition)

Good question. +1

Submitted

it's less about campbell soup and more about the like history behind it and the style. Andy Warhol is the real theme imo but we normally give like a painting to base stuff off.

- creator of the jam

Ah, alright. Thank you very much!

Got it!  sorry didn't read the small print.

Can I still use the soup as the theme

Submitted

ye but keep in mind it might not score super high with theme

ok

Submitted

I still dont understand the theme

Last year, it didn't really matter how you interpret it. at the end the player would be the judge, so just do what you think player want if you want to get high place.

that is assuming the scoring system wont change

Submitted

I think this is a great theme, because Andy Warhol actually painted on computer, including his famous Campbell soup.

He was hired by Commodore to promote brand new Amiga 1000 and he painted Debie Harry on in front of live audience.

He actually keep his Amiga and draw some things on which looks suspiciously similar to things we all have painted using MSpaint.

There was a preservational effort done by museum curators and retrocomputing people which resulted in discovery of new previously unseen pieces of art.

Actually - I am going to make game about all this.