SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The Legend of Sara

A topic by mudlee created Jun 29, 2018 Views: 393 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted

Hi Everyone!

I’m new here and  I’m also new in game development in a sense that I’ve never published or created any games yet. Altough I’ve been coding my game engine for 2 years now, I never started my own game. In parallel I started to learn Unity and did some courses and now I decided to take part in this jam and create my first game! :)

It will be called “The Legend of Sara, EP1 - The Missing Link”, and it will be a top down, darkish adventure game. Sara, because my character’s name from OGA is Sara. Actually she is the girl who is in the jam’s logo :)

I’ll blog here as I advance. 

Good luck everyone!

Host

sounds great, look forward to playing it.:)

Submitted

UPDATE:

I think I finished the basic map and some basics frameworks I'll need such as the command prompt handler, UI system and queued sound player. I'll continue with enemies, npc-s and game logic.

It's not that easy as I thought, but for sure I advance :) Soon I can upload a teaser video.

Submitted

UPDATE: more or less I finished the NPC movement, attacking stuff and the basic ambient and sound effects. Need some more basic piece to be done, and then I can put lots of NPCs (and secrets) into the game :)

Just a spoiler image:

Deleted post
Submitted

Here is a demo video that shows some basic game logic. I tried not spoiler that much. I have 4 NPCs currently, all of them behave different; treasures; secret doors, etc. I'll spend one more week to extend the map, add new NPCs, bosses, and treasures. Also I have to add a story menu where I give you hints about the game :)

Deleted post
Submitted (1 edit)

Okay, I think I'm "done". I tested it several ways, it's ready to play as a competitor now. At least I hope :) Good luck and all feedbacks are welcome! Note: please play it with sound, I spent a lot on finding proper sound effects and ambients :)

https://mudlee.itch.io/the-legend-of-sara

Host

Nice little video teaser, looking good!

Submitted

I hope all of you who played the game enjoyed it too! And want to thank you for the feedbacks guys! :) Good luck with your game, I'm so excited :)