Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Communicating podcast description?

A topic by Packbat created Oct 16, 2022 Views: 99 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

It just occurred to me: how do y'all want entrants to communicate to you what to put in the description of their episodes when they're uploaded? Text file attached to the upload? Description in the body of the project page? What would make things easiest for y'all?

I guess this would be more of a question for the organizers, but some places I can think of are:

• The “Short description or tagline” field on the project page. I don’t remember how many characters you can fit here, but I think text put here might show on the list of the jams’s submissions, and possibly in more places, so I would probably put a short description here.
  • The “Description” field in the “Details” section of the project page. This one can (and probably should) be longer. I think you can even add images in this one.
  • Text files attached to the project. Here you could put longer things, such as a full transcript of the podcast if you want.
  • I know that games can have a file that “will play in the browser”, and I imagine you might be able to use that to make the podcast listenable without having to “download” it. And you could theoretically also put text there.
  • If the jam’s submission form has a field where it asks you to put a description there, I guess you can do that too. I wouldn’t leave the project page and short description empty though.
HostSubmitted

If I set it up correctly there should be a field you can put your episode description into when you submit the file

Submitted

Aha! Thank you - we'll let you know if we have any trouble!