Jobs
Tags

Theme Announcement! Sticky

A topic by Jon Topielski created May 20, 2022 Views: 277 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host (1 edit) (+3)

Here are the themes!

• Tiny World
    • Does the game all take place in a confined area like a single house or mansion? How about a low-rez art style? Maybe the game all takes place on an island?! Ant colony?
  • Control is Limited
    • Does the player always get to control their character? Does your gun's scope sometimes wobble? Maybe your input controls are "limited" to just one or two buttons.
  • One Tool, Many Uses
    • Think multi-purpose design! Maybe your garden hose can both water plants and defend from zombies? Or your rocket engines act as both a thrust and a flamethrower.

Remember, the themes are optional and you don't have to use all three! Treat them as limitations to help you focus on coming up with interesting ideas with a limited scope.

Good luck and have fun!!

Submitted

Great themes! Good choices Jon. My group is off to do some brainstorming now! 

Host(+1)

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with :D

Hi Jon! I had a quick question. Would it be ok if the game is for example a demo or episodic with extra content to come through in future :)

Cheers, Aidan

Host

Hi Aidan! You can submit anything as long as it has a price tag on it. No Free games though :]

Hey is it cool if I were to upload the game on another website if I ended up liking it enough?

Eg; Gamejolt, Steam, etc;

Host

Of course, it's your game :)

(1 edit)

Okay thanks!

Submitted

Quick question.

Is it ok if I make some sort of demo that can be played from browser?  Seeing how my game is divided in levels I feel it shouldn't take much time to build a demo with only 2 of 3 playable levels to maybe spark some interest in full game. Than again is there even a point for that if everyone rating the game will get a key anyway :D

Host

A free demo sounds perfectly reasonable and hey, people outside of the jam can play it so it's still useful.