Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[oh honey] clicker game to grow your honey production

A topic by malu created Jan 29, 2023 Views: 500 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Hello, this is my first time participating in a game jam! I'm working alone, trying to practice my game development and pixel art skills.

I decided to make a chill clicker game that you produce honey.

Some screenshots of my first day progress:

- First day I focused on having the base mechanics of clicking, earning honeys and added some upgrades to test. Also, I made some pixel art to get a feeling of the direction the game would go. The background is from an asset I got here on itch.io.

- For the second day I plan to add more upgrades and make their cost and progression better and make a separated window pop up for the upgrades.

Any suggestions are appreciated <3

That's it for today, if you read until here, thank you so much and sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language :)

Submitted(+2)

Ooooh I'm always in awe of people who make clicker games as the number stuff hurts my brain haha, that being said I'm a total Idle-Clicker game addict so I'm excited for this one!

As for suggestions;

If you're sticking to reality I'd say maybe having options for plants you grow close by which give off different levels of pollen as "buildings"

If you're going silly then Bee GPS, and where Bees have worker drones, you should be able to buy Drones that do the job of bees :D

Submitted(+1)

Hahaha I really like the drones idea! Probably gonna go this direction with the upgrades

(+1)

It looks great so far! This is also my first game jam and I was wondering how you learned to game develop so far? Right now I'm using gamedev.tv to learn. 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hi, thank you! I've been working with development/programming for some years now so I just try to do things with the knowledge I have, if I get stuck or don't know something I reasearch etc. And I'm doing this game with construct 3 so all I really need is my logic skills and understand the tools that the software give me =)

(+1)

Okay cool thanks for sharing. I hope you have fun making your game!

Submitted(+2)

Some updates from my day 2.

•  Implemented a formatter for the numbers
  • The upgrades costs make more sense and scales with the game
  • The upgrades part is in a separated window that opens when you click the upgrade button
  • Created upgrades that only appears if you bought another upgrade already

- Now I want to focus on deciding what will the upgrades really be and put them all in game =)

Submitted(+1)

Game looks really nice :D

Submitted

Thank you!!

Submitted(+1)

Little update! Been experimenting some upgrade ideas, I already have 6 upgrades and I want to create more 6 until the end of the jam. Also, added some chill music and resolved some bugs.

I think next fews days I'll start a little menu screen too =)

Submitted(+1)

Looking good but I'm unsure, what's the brown squiggly thing in the screen shots?

Submitted

Hahaha it's like a honey river? The art is lame yet, but it's supposed to be the honey overflowing of the mountain after the mining or something like that

Submitted(+1)

Oooh sorry thats my bad, my brain mistook the mountain for more of the treeline, now I look at it as a mountain the river makes way more sense! 
After the Jam's over, if you're looking to expand the game further I may be interested in auditioning as an artist if you want one! As I said before, I LOVE clicker games but don't have the math brain to make one, but I can draw! :D

Submitted(+1)

Oh your art is so cuteeee! I followed you there. 
About expanding the game, knowing myself, I'll probably never touch the project again after the jam hahah but I can picture how the game would look with your art, really loved it!

Submitted

Haha that's fair, I tend to be the same, once a projects over, it's over haha

hi, a clicker game is my passion, a game bee is so cute and good luck (ps: if you  have trouble  a  drawing, i can draw if you  have a user.)

Submitted

I also thought in making an incremental game, but never thought of such a good implementation.