Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] see you_ SOLVED

A topic by KyandiiChan created Jan 08, 2017 Views: 547 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted (12 edits) (+2)

I have never uploaded a game before, I can't seem to get it to work in-browser. Another thing how do you submit your game to the jam page? Please and thank you!

Hi, this is my first time participating in a jam, and it's actually the first time I've ever shown something I've done online.

Please tell me if I did anything wrong here, like I said, I've never done this before. ^ ^;

The idea

see you_ is going to be a text-based game made in Twine, inspired by vaporwave, Bo En, and the view of the lake from my computer desk. It's going to have (*hopefully) a custom soundtrack, and, if I can get it to work, backgrounds that suit the environment of the story!

The log

Day 1, this log didn't exist, but I got the placeholder layout in and started writing. I'm not totally sure where I'm going with the storyline yet, but we'll see what happens.

Day 2, I've spent the entire day trying to figure out how to add sound and images, still having issues OTL

Day 3, Still figuring out how to get sound in, but I've added text and bg colors. I'm pretty happy with how everything's turning out!

Day 4, If my idea works out, the map is going to be 2x the size in a day or two. I've really just been working on the story today.

Day 5, I have the entire main portion of the story done! Now I need to check for errors, add sound, and(maybe)add images!

Day 6, I updated, but forgot to press save... Sorry about that! Here's what I have to show! https://soundcloud.com/angelic-galaxy/see-you-soun... This is a possible track for the game!

Day 7, To be honest, I've been busy all day and haven't been able to get anything done.

Day 8, I've been gone most of the day, but I'm going to completely redo the ending scene, it just doesn't fit the rest of the story. This should be the last day of inactivity.

Day 9, Completely chopped off the ending scene. I'm working on making it more like I imagined.

Day 10, I haven't been updating the map here, mainly because I'm constantly deleting and re-adding passages. Still not sure how I want the ending to go.

I'm sorry I haven't been updating here, I'm just trying to finish everything.

The map so far(outdated):

Host

ahhh this sounds super chill! i'm excited to see more of this project!

Submitted

Thank you! I'll do my best!

Submitted

I should probably be updating the log in replies, to bump the thread...

this is such a neat idea! and that nodemap is so organized omggg i'm jealous.

are you working with twine 2's default format? harlowe doesn't have built-in audio support, so it's a lot more finicky when it comes to implementing audio than sugarcube is. if you were to switch to sugarcube, you'd have to rework your css and any macros already in use, but you might find it more amenable to the audio you want to work with. you could also try a javascript workaround called howler.js! i haven't used it myself yet, but i've seen it referenced before with regards to getting audio working in harlowe.

Submitted

Thank you!

I switched to sugarcube pretty soon after I started, it seemed like it works better, I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.

Thank you for the tip though! ^_^

Submitted

I'll have the game finished today!

Submitted

Really in need of help!

Submitted

There's a "submit game" button on the front of the My First Game Jam page. You've got to have the page finished and public to submit it, though.

Itch has a guide on posting HTML games. For a Twine game, you probably just need the HTML file unless there are external files you're referencing in your code.

Does that help?

Submitted (1 edit)

Thank you so much!