Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Submitted] Itsy Bitsy Spider

A topic by brupibo created Jul 23, 2018 Views: 832 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted (2 edits) (+1)(-100)

The game is submitted! Play it here: https://beetracks.itch.io/itsy-bitsy-spider

=============================================================

Alright, new ideas working. I'm on the jam again!!!

It's a simple concept, but I think it is fun.

Next to add:

• Splash effects
  • Scoreboard
  • Menu
  • Sound effects
  • Music
Submitted

Wow, you made it so quickly! It's great that you have a new project. The concept is interesting.

Submitted

Thank you!

This is a really great and simple idea~ 10/10 would play on my phone!

Submitted

I'll release on Google Play too. I already added vibration for when the water hits the spider. Thanks!

awesome~ i look forward to it! I've been interested in making games on mobile, is there a resource you would recommend for people wanting to learn mobile game development?

Submitted

Sorry, I don't have any specific recommendation. I'm not a successful mobile game developer, but as far my experience goes, I think the only thing different from PC it is the controls. Try to create games that uses accelerometer and swipes  instead virtual directional buttons, for example. Use simple mechanics, make objective games. I mean that as a starting point. When you get the feel of these basic things, you start looking for games that you wish to make, play some, and try to mimic them. For example: you like strategy, you will try to do something in Clash Royale area. You like puzzles, you can try to get some Bejeweled and Cut The Rope references etc.

That's the route I choose based on what I saw with my games. The simpler the game, the broader the audience.

Submitted

Looking good! Great idea of a game that you can get done in the timeframe of a jam!

Submitted (1 edit)

Yes. The last try was something too big. It's not my first jam, so I thought I was ready for that challenge but I wasn't. Maybe next year. I don't want to make a game just for the sake of making. I'd rather complete a smaller but fun game. :D

Submitted(+1)

Yesterday I added score, timer and water on the bottom, so, you have limited time to finish the stage (although it is a good amount of time, just isn't endless time). Besides, I implemented a pause system.

Today I added music and sfx, but I still don't have a video to show.

My next to do:

1. Main menu system
  2. Main menu music
  3. Win and lose music
  4. Adjust score calculation
  5. Scoreboard screen
  6. Online highscore (only Windows and Android. It doesn't work on HTML5)
  7. Local highscore
  8. Portuguese translation
  9. Land sprite effect (maybe)
  10. Add splash screen
  11. Publish
  12. Make a gameplay trailer (maybe)

Lot of work yet. And I thought I was finishing it. XD

Submitted

DUDE, this is awesome!

Submitted(+1)

My progress so far.

To-Do list update:

1. Main menu system
  2. Main menu music
  3. Win and lose music
  4. Adjust score calculation
  5. Scoreboard screen
  6. Online highscore (only Windows and Android. It doesn't work on HTML5)
  7. Local highscore
  8. Portuguese translation
  9. Land sprite effect (maybe)
  10. Add splash screen
  11. Publish
  12. Make a gameplay trailer (maybe)

Tomorrow I'm going to work on 5, 6 and 7.

Host

aaa this is a great execution of a simple concept!! i love how legible the game is--everything's easy to understand from a glance.

Submitted

Thank you!!

Submitted

Game Submitted!

https://beetracks.itch.io/itsy-bitsy-spider

I'm still going to upgrade it for Android, though. So, it will be available only next week as a post-jam version.

I still need to add online highscore (there's local highscore for the jam version) and a "how to play" screen, but the game is complete and working (although it is a bit slower on browser, but I don't have time to complete another build now).