A devlog? Why not!
So I'm working on Crossing the Eastern Desert to the Lands of Mnar... damn, I picked a monster of name. I should just call it CEDLoM for now.
Anyway, it's a simple bullet hell shooter, with Mad Max-y cars and bikes driving around a desert and shooting at each other. Not very plot-heavy, I should say. I'm doing it with Gamemaker: Studio, which seems to be quite easy engine to learn after fighting with UE4 and Unity for few years. Sprites are made with Pyxel Edit, because it's awesome.
So far I've made:
- Scrolling background (although I don't how it looks and feels). Might do something simpler.
- Player that moves, shoots, explodes on contact and leaves a dust trail.
- Randomly placed boulders that scroll down the screen. Should be destroyed after leaving the screen. Bullets too.
- An enemy bike that shoots at the player, explodes on contact and after getting shot. Doesn't move or shoot by itself yet.
I should make boulders look more random. That should be easy with just more sprites and changing the orientation.
- Create them outside the room, either randomly or at certain spawn points.
- Enemy enters the room, either on a pattern or randomly.
- Starts shooting at the player and moving around. Patterns?
- After a while, if not destroyed, moves away and gets destroyed outside.
Also respawning (and immunity after that), lives, scoring.
That's a lot to do. I should get on it.
Cheers mates, have a good one. @whiskeycabinet