Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How’s it going? Sticky

A topic by Lari Assmuth created Dec 19, 2020 Views: 80 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted

We’re coming up on the home stretch, with <checks notes> 11 days to go on the jam!  And with over 150 participants and more than 60 entries, we have already exceeded my expectations by far!

I just wanted to check in to see how everybody’s doing. Are you still working on games? Excited? Stuck? Frustrated? In need of help or venting? Or do you just want to hype and boost your game (ready or in progress)?

Submitted

I haven't replied to this topic yet, so I figured that I should now that I've submitted my entry..

When I started this jam, I had a concept that felt way too ambitious for the time frame, but I kept at it for all of November. It wasn't until a few days into December that I realized my initial idea had no hope of getting out of the preplanning phase in time. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my game. It was an extremely stressful couple of weeks getting everything designed and assembled, but it's finally done. I'm infinitely grateful that this jam exists because it finally forced me to revisit an old concept for a video game I was planning earlier in the year, but dropped due to a lack of time.

(Also, shout out to my super skilled dad who helped do the art for the creatures in my game!)

Hope to do this again next year!

Submitted

I just barely finished in time! This was a lot of fun. I hadn't even heard of mini-zines until this jam, but I want to make a bunch now!