Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'm a beginner sound designer new to game jams. How do I team up for this jam?

A topic by YourTransistor created Jun 28, 2017 Views: 696 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hi,

I'm a newbie sound designer looking to get started on making some games. I have zero under my belt so far. 

I registered and signed up for this jam, but how exactly do I go about getting on a team?

Thanks!

Kyle

HostSubmitted (2 edits)

You could post in the forums asking if anyone wants to team up but if that doesn't work I'm fine if you want to submit just a soundtrack

By sound track do you mean exactly? Is that just music or does it include sound effects?

HostSubmitted (6 edits)

Since you are completely new and want to get into making games I'd recommend you find a game engine and go on from there. If you feel like you cannot submit a full game no matter how simple or you can't find a team, It's fine if you submit a game soundtrack(no effects included).

Gotcha. I'd prefer to work on a team so I can focus on sound effects and not music. Thanks!

HostSubmitted

Cool cool, hopefully you'll be able to find a team.

Hey there, interested in joining a team for sound design as well. Got a few sound redesigns for game trailers and such under my belt, but have never worked with a "game engine" before as you mention, was wondering if you could help me with a few questions.

Are you talking about middleware for audio implementation like Wwise, FMod, or Unity? What chops does one need to have to be a part of a team like yours in terms of sound design? What engine is your team using and does the sound designer need to use the same one?

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

By game engine I am referring to an Integrated development environment or framework for compiling and making games. examples: unity, gamemaker studio, love2d, CryEngine, etc.  However, this isn't necessary if you are trying to make a team for sound design.

I don't know yet if I will participate in the jam but if I am, I wasn't planning on working with a team. Sorry about that.