Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Show it!

A topic by crunchi created Oct 15, 2021 Views: 608 Replies: 47
Viewing posts 1 to 13
(4 edits)

Let's see what you did in 72 hours! A lot of masterpieces!

(+1)

Procrastination

How about now?

Submitted(+1)

combining Fish and UFOs is tricky. Still figuring out what to do

Maybe a fish that can turn to a UFO when get off water, Just an opinion.

(+2)

(+1)

Oooo, that looks good Rona! <3

(+1)

Thank you, I think I am going to take a break now. My eyes are burning.

Wait, How do you submitted so quickly?!

(+1)

It is only the game page, no downloads. It motivates me to finish the game.

(+1)

I will try this to motivate myself, But still That is SPECTACULAR

(+1)

Thank you, just completed my intro cutscene.

WOAH, This is just a game jam. How?

(+1)(-1)

This is like my 50th game jam, I have a 'recipe' I follow. What makes each game jam unique is the theme and any limitation thrown in, to create an interesting story and characters.

50th!! I'm so sorry, Master.

Don't Feature Creep tho.

(+1)

nice! you was in a game jam with a theme of purge aswell same as me, i admire your work rate. (i didnt finish the purge jam, overscoped lol)

Good luck this time!

(+1)

Thank you, I nearly didn't make it, if they didn't  extend the time though :)

Cool

Very cool

(+1)

MVP and Gameplay

That very fast

It's been 2 days and I didn't do anything.

Submitted(+1)

3/3 the way there. I just uploaded my game (Though it is in browser, I hope that's no trouble cuz I really can't get it to become an exe file without paying, and I can't pay, still I won't be that mad if it gets removed because I get with more than 500 participants, admins probably won't be having the greatest time of its lives while reviewing every single game just to found out some guy couldn't follow an indication.)

PD: If any admin is reading this I really appreciate your job, I hosted an event only once and I hope I'm not doing it again soon.

So, as some of you guys said, mixing UFOs and fish is tricky, and I also surprised when this limitation came up. I don't think my idea is revolutionary or anything but I think it works (kinda). Basically the player is an alien who's travelling in his UFO with 1 out of 3 fish, that he has chosen as his pet, and it is an endless game in which you take care of your fish while at the same time you have to move your UFO by selecting one of the two windows shown repetively. However, you will lose score everytime so if you want to get past the default score (500), you have to move faster, thus  meaning you could chose the wrong window more repetively or make you forget about your fish. The game ends if your fish dies.

I know most of you probably use WASD, but I chose the arrow keys for my game because I wanted to make kind of a intuitive interface, which I don't really know if actually worked.

As I can't get a subscription to the premium Construct 2 or 3 (I literally can't use any money online), I got limited to only 100 events, which is kinda the equivalent to 100 lines of code or so (idk, I don't know how to code) so the game's a bit messy and have 3 main bugs that make me worry the experience won't be the better it could be, but at least 2 out of 3 of them aren't really that serious and the other one is a bit rare.

I'm probably not gonna win this jam, but at least I got some experience and I really like the fish designs I came up with (literally 3 since I suck both at animation and leading a team, lol).

So anyway, here goes nothing: https://missingwilliam.itch.io/efish-browser-version

(+1)

Your game sound interesting.

Submitted(+2)

Thank you! Yeah I tried to figure out a way of mixing both things together and this is what I came up with. The only thing that really worries me is the "Play in browser" thingy, but anyway I guess I could at least get some experience even if my game gets removed, which I hope doesn't happen but still, I have to be ready for, but the other things, I think they're well executed.

Also I've read about "Pisces has fallen". Yeah, there goes all my effort. It looks awesome! I really can't believe that what you're doing for a 72-hour jam is that game that looks like it was made in 5 years by an AAA company. I hope you get to the final stage!

(+1)

Thank you, I don't think your game will be removed, you abided by the rules and most people prefer to play games in their browser and rate the games. Much easier.

Submitted(+1)

Oh really? That sounds great! Thank you very much for the info, now I'm much less worried about it. First jam so I think I got a bit nervous. Anyway, I really hope your game gets as much recognition as it should, I personally like how it's looking like and best case scenario, I'll even play it after the jam ends. (Best case scenario cuz laptop [at least mine] and 3D games don't get along very well). Thanks for the help,

(+2)

My pleasure  and best wishes :)

Sorry, for the 2/3 the way there mean "2/3 way there to the deadline" 

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Submitted(+1)

Oh lol that makes sense. Yeah I kinda misunderstood, sorry about that.

Thank you :D

Submitted

So as the voting period has started, I'll be leaving the link for my game to be rated over here. Ik it also appears at the game's page, but still, I think I lose nothing by just trying to get more people to play and rate it: https://itch.io/jam/mini-jam-91-ufo/rate/1238300

(1 edit) (+1)

I think Feature Creep got me. I don't think I'll be able to finish in time, sorry fellas. I did learn a lot though. Maybe I'll finish this later or maybe not.

(+1)

Good luck next time! Don't overscope again!

(+1)

Thanks, I'll try better not to next time. :3

Anyhow, I think that they allow to submit at the rating period? Any admins, Please tell us!

(+1)

Yes, they do, they said so.

That's great! But Feature creep still going to get me!

Now, I just making the mechanics, Hope I finish it. Good luck to you all!!

(+1)

a UFO grapple and fling mechanic and all of the art

the player lol:

That's look to awesome!, I wish i could make that.

(+1)

tysm

:)

(+1)

Woah! 260 views and 40+ replies, Thank you so much for all the support!