Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Updated the voting criteria for this jam Sticky

A topic by Practical NPC created Jul 11, 2021 Views: 155 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2
HostSubmitted(+1)

Hey guys! So after talking it through, we've made some minor adjustments to the ranking criteria. There are two new fields: Fun and progress

Here's what we'll all be voting on after the submission  deadline:

Innovation – The unexpected. Things in a unique combination, or something so different it’s notable. Fun – How much you enjoyed playing a game. Did you look up at the clock, and found it was 5 hours later? 

Fun – How much you enjoyed playing a game. Did you look up at the clock, and found it was 5 hours later?

Graphics – How good the game looks, or how effective the visual style is. Nice artwork, excellent generated or geometric graphics, charming programmer art, etc.

Audio – How good the game sounds, or how effective the sound design is. A catchy soundtrack, suitable sound effects gave the look, voiceovers, etc. 

Polish - How polished your game is.

Progress - This is field is more so for fun but will still be added to the ranking. How much progress did you make on your game during this jam (add to the optional fields when submitting your game for a higher score in this field)

Happy jamming everybody!

Discord 

Submitted

I did not get the "Progress" point. Am I ranking my game in it or others? 

HostSubmitted

yep! you will still be participating in the ranking aspect of the jam if you've already submitted your game. but if you would like to add more information or possibly create a devlog I would suggest deleting and recreating your submission 

Deleted post
Submitted

You're ranking the progress of the other developer, if they provided a devlog or something similar. As some games will have already been in-development prior to the jam starting :)