Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Everyone take a breather and you all did FREAKING AMAZING!

A topic by Riazey created Feb 27, 2023 Views: 363 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted (2 edits) (+8)

Hi guys, just wanted to say holy crap, here we are. We freaking did it.

10 days is a long time to be staying up late, pouring blood, sweat and tears (of joy) into our projects. Whether you got to spend the full time, only a few days, or worked around busy schedules (like us TTvTT) Each and every one of you deserves a pat on the back. YOU. DID. AMAZING. Feccin' fanfeccin'tastic work! Even working up the courage to join a jam is HUGE, and for those of you who this is their first/ first finished game WELL DONE (also welcome to the rabbit hole)!

For those feeling a bit down about getting a few ratings, ratings aren't everything I promise! Jams for me are about connecting with my fellow developers, being hyped and supporting one another's games, helping each other grow through feedback, going crazy when someone gets their game in with 2 minutes to spare (some of you twice even) and overall feeling absolutely refreshed yet terribly exhausted after doing a job well done. That being said, don't forget to give the theme (especially the 10 minute or less one) a re-read to make sure some games are being judged fairly as I saw some people being quite critical about it! I know we worked so hard our brains all fried so a refresher is sometimes just overlooked!

Special thanks to those from twitch these last 2 weeks staying up until the wee hours of the morning chatting with some of you folks kept us company and gave us the strength to keep going! \o/ Another thank-you to the future moderators, Otto, and the judges for taking time to play, organize, and support a crazy game jam and us the sleep deprived developers- it is NOT easy work and I know there's a lot going on behind the scenes we don't know about!

I'm trying my damnedest to get around to playing as many of your games as possible and also keep chipping away at the low rated ones! My heart feels absolutely overwhelmed with how incredible all of you are, and you deserve to be told that- so here I am telling you. 

Good. Freaking, Job. You did it. Be proud of yourself game-developer, because you are amazing. ♡

Submitted

<3

Submitted

You are a GIGACHAD. I concur, good job to everyone who put in time, sweat, tears to finish something. The ability to bring something to completion cant be underrated.

Submitted(+1)

FROM ONE GIGACHAD TO ANOTHER, YA DID GOOD BRUH

Submitted(+1)

This was so nice to read after a week and a half of grinding on our game! <3 This was my first game jam ever - it was a whole lot of fun! Endless thanks to all of the coordinators for making this happen and I can’t wait for the next one :D

Submitted (1 edit)

Aahhh oh man welcome first timer! Although this is only my second gamejam I really hope you enjoyed the experience- get some well deserved rest- soon it'll be time to get out cheering pants on for those being judged

Submitted

I hope you gave yourself a pat on the back and a nice celebratory food noms!!! :D Well done to you as well!!!!!

Submitted

I am still feeling the effects haha! But I ate some cheetos and slept like the dead xD 

Submitted

Sounds good xD

Submitted

Salute fellow soldier

Submitted

o7

Submitted

hope everyone is proud of themselves, cause you all deserve to be!

Submitted

Heck yeah!

Submitted

Words that everyone here needs and deserves. Thank you all for the opportunity to be a part of this sick challenge, and also, for the motivation to try myself at game development. Rabbit hole feels dangerous and insurmountable but still fascinating

Submitted

Thank you for joining and playing alongside us! Its an incredible feat to finish game!