Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Optional prompts (updated) Sticky

A topic by Cheeseness created Apr 25, 2023 Views: 2,892 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host (1 edit) (+1)

Continuing the tradition we started in 2019, we're providing a list of optional prompts that you can draw upon for your Linux Game Jam submission. Feel free to use as many or as few as you like.

We also have "framing prompts" again this year that can be mixed with the regular prompts for more inspiration (eg: "Turn based fire" or "Fractal mania!"). As always, these are optional too!

Prompts

OrangeFractalPassAftermath
OccupyAtmosphereConduitFire

Framing prompts

First person ____
Point and click ____
Turn based ____
____ mania!
____ simulator
Second ____
Unlikely ____The ____ conundrum

If you make use of a prompt, feel free to mention it in your submission description!

Host(+1)
The prompt list is now live!
(1 edit) (+1)

Awesome, I was already decided onto a few matters but considering the mixture of “Atmosphere”-ic and “First person BLANK”, I think it summarizes my game concept (Atmospheric first person “walking simulator”) quite well. For reference, I make a cozy first person “realm” of sorts with Godot, Qodot and Simple-FPS-Controller. As specified in one of my latest tagged blog posts (link at the bottom if you are interested…) albeit I am uncertain if I will be capable of implementing any multi-user mode nor personality-driven NPCs on time. Hopefully up to improve it from the demo status as a separate project for a quality Linux release (targeting KDE Plasma & its Discover software center especially) once I feel comfy with QoL, polish, marketing / SEO & responsive theming (for adding decent mobile and web playback). My post’s hyperlink: https://hydralisk98.tumblr.com/post/717701222938951680/brainstorming-venera-for-linux-game-jam-2023 ;

Submitted(+1)
First person fractal! FPF
(+1)

I saw someone do a first person fractal thing… So… Cool idea, and worth looking at more.

Submitted

First Person Fractal Logic Puzzle - FPFLP

Submitted

Heh and name for this game can be "Abbreviature", good name.

(+1)

FIRE MANIA!

Submitted(+1)

"Fractal" is really cool, gonna think of something to make with it

Submitted(+1)

Hmm... so is The Orange Conundrum a game about a fruit-grower with a mysterious problem? Darn it, I don't have time for a jam right now...