Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Optional Prompts (updated) Sticky

A topic by Cheeseness created Feb 25, 2022 Views: 1,917 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host (5 edits) (+3)

As in 2019, we have a set of optional prompts for participants to pick and choose from if desired. This year, we're also offering a range of "framing prompts" that can be mixed with the regular prompts for some extra inspiration (eg: "turn based green" or "world's best hold") or used as prompts on their own.

Prompts

GreenNoiseBlockEmpty
CanyonRegrowthCrystalineHold

Framing prompts

First person ____Point and click ____Turn based ________ simulator
World's best ____Secret ____Recovering ____The ____ enigma

If you make use of a prompt, feel free to mention it in your submission description!

Submitted

I'm a bit confused... The prompts are optional and one can make a game that doesn't fit any of them, correct? I know it says "optional" both in the title and the post itself, but the phrasing makes it sound like you have to pick at least one prompt.

Host

Can you elaborate on where it seems to imply that one must be picked? The wording seems clear to me, but I'm happy to update the placeholder post to make it less ambiguous if I know where that ambiguity lies.

Submitted

Now that the post has been updated it doesn't seem to imply that anymore.

Host

The prompt list is now live!

I have a question does the prompt have to be your main theme or I can use multiple?

Host

You can pick and choose as many or as few as you like. It's all completely optional.

If I'm using a prompt, do I have to use a framing prompt too? can I use just a prompt or just a framing prompt?

Host

No, it's all optional. Do whatever you like!