Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Theme Selection Question

A topic by JamSnack created Mar 02, 2018 Views: 234 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

I am going to keep this brief but as I was reading your jam description I noticed you set an over all theme, or what seemed to be one, revolving around "...to utilize the RNG of the theme to make the wackiest, coolest, most bodacious game you've ever played (or just something fun)! The goals of the Krass N.G. Jam are to help get the ball rolling on a game idea that you've had (or never knew you had) or a chance for you to start and finish a game for that little extra push of excitement for your own game!.." I interpreted this as "your theme is basically make something that uses an RNG seed but is super wacky and weird". Another thing was the stated rule of "Any premade assets are allowed, get creative!" gave me the idea that the theme wouldn't be super specific.

Because of this I decided upon a game with a concept that I really like. My QUESTION is this: how specific will the themes be that they might COMPLETELY disrupt my vision if it doesn't fit the already given information I have stated?

Also yes I am aware that the game jam hasn't started yet so this might technically be cheating but I don't think it is because this jam seems pretty chill ._.

Submitted

Hey there! You seem to have interpreted the jam wrong. The theme will be given randomly to you. Wait until the jam starts and you will be given instructions on how to get your theme! This is done to prevent cheating.

Submitted

You can also look at the previous KrassJam to get an idea of how to get your theme. Every jam is going to be different however, so you will have to wait for the jam to start to get specific instructions.

HostSubmitted

What Yagich said is spot on! Get hyped, 35 minutes!